Best of..the results are in.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Dennixx, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yeah, nice new place.
    I was happy to see the Tennessean make the cut.
    Next year it will be Bert's on 35 just south of KC.

navypoppop and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The Clearwater Travel Plaza (Petro franchise) in Clearwater, Mn and the Boise Stage Stop would have been on my list. I sure can't see a Loves making it on my top five. Or ten. Or......

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    What exit is that one at?

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I stop at Clearwater just for the bakery goods, donuts as big as your head, but liked it better when they had a separate drivers area in the restaurant.
    They used to make a wild rice sausage that was worth the stop.

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    The reason Mr Gas in Jerome Idaho got on the must be the food they have there..it's great. It's sucks if you have a pet though the grass is all weeds ..and trash around.

7. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I've been to the Mach 1 Truck Stop in West Frankfurt, Illinois many a times. It's a nice little place that I use as my guaranteed late night parking spot when coming from I-24 to I-57 Northbound. I haven't been there in a couple of months but there was always late night parking there. Now with the new Love's open in Marion 10 miles down the road from the Mach 1, I would imagine that the Mach 1 is still almost a guaranteed parking spot late at night.

I haven't been there in a couple of months but the only thing is, if memory serves me correct the signage from the interstate is either non existent or it's listed under a different name. I'm almost positive the actual Mach 1 store is a different name other than "Mach" too (though I could be remembering wrong). The google maps GPS is correct though so if you go to truckers path app then it'll take you there, it's right by the Taco Bell.

Also, the actual truck parking isn't where the Mach store is. You have to turn right from the Diesel Fuel Island and then it's maybe a tenth of a mile down the road on the right hand side and that's where the parking is. You can't miss it it's well lit up and also there is a sign at the Mach store after the fuel island telling you to turn right and then the tenth of a mile down the road there's a big sign telling you to turn right and that's where the parking is.

They have a Little Cesar's but it closes at 9:00pm or 10:00pm I can't remember which. Everytime I went there it was around 11ish so I always missed it. Bathrooms are always cleaned and never a line, at least in the mens. The Mach 1 store itself is open 24/7 too and I think Little Cesar's opens around 9:00am or so, which isn't bad.

It's a nice little stop. I would recommend it, especially if you're needing parking late. Oh and parking is easy it's set up like the Love's with nice straight parking (so no slanted parking) and plenty of space to back in.

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Burts is 198
    The Tennessean is around 22 on 65

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    As i stated, they must have paid every truck that went to the Mach 1 for voting to get it to be #1. After all, it is in Illinois and we know how Illinois does thing's.
    And just like any survey, personal preference could cause 1000 favorites from 1000 entries.

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Little America or Seven Feathers not on the list?

nredfor88, mjd4277 and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  11. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    My list of truck stops most likely to appear in a Stephen King novel include:
    • Little America - I-80, Exit 68 in Wyoming. The restaurant feels like it's in a bubble where time can't alter anything, much like Elvis' Jungle Room in Graceland.
    • South of the Border (Pedro's), Dillon, SC. The place is crazy big with a five story viewing tower, full size amusement rides and huge souvenir shops with a nice sit down restaurant but it always seems to be empty. Creepily empty. Like the hot dog you just bought there might be made from the yesterday's visitor, kind of empty.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    mustang190 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.