Best replacement truck mattress is?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Elroythekid, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2013
    I like my BigRig because of the heavy duty individual springs, but like I say I'm a big boy.......also I'm told if you prefer foam like those Tempurpedic jobs you can custom order one from Knoxville Foam......they will build it to your specs and deliver it to your door.

I don't like foam mattresses at all.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cdub304

cdub304 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Rockford,IL
    i have a twin mattress nothing fancy but i bought a foam mattress pad from this store called dirt cheap down south for like 5 bucks and i get some of my best sleep on that thing. btw im 6'3 and 220. i might be the exception but i would buy a nice pillow top twin if i was u..

4. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I got a "sleep dog" memory foam they make them for trucks cooler in summer warmer in winter love this thing it the best. I think there a 90 day return if you don't like it. Measure you bunk they have all sizes for all trucks. It comes in a small box don't open it till you get it in truck. Then don't sleep on it for 24 hr so it can decompress per instructions. In 38 years this is the best truck mattress I have ever owned.

Lowlite and Elroythekid Thank this.
  5. KAK

KAK Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Ne

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We went to Sleep Train... Got the Serta XL TWIN... SO much better than the 4" piece of #### that came in the truck!! Individual wrapped springs, for team driving, not as much bounce!! NICE!!

Elroythekid, VisionLogistics and SHC Thank this.
  7. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    I have the factory mattress plus a 1" thick memory foam with a cheap fleece blanket as a sheet. Very comfy.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  8. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Thanks for all the replies! I can't find a single which is 36x74. My mattress is 36.5x80, at least thats what's on the tag. There is a custom manufacturer here but only foam, an I want a spring mattress. Looks like Big Rig I guess?

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

That is the size of an extra long twin... We got ours at a local mattress retailer.

SHC and Elroythekid Thank this.
  10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Go to your local mattress store and give them the measurements. They can order you just about anything u need....

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  11. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Agreed. The upgrade was a real blessing when I was teaming with my g/f. The OEM mattress had so much bounce that every little change in the truck telemetry caused the sleeping one to wake up. After we got the new mattress it was incredible!! If I recall we were flipping coins and drawing straws to see who got to sleep on it first.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.