Best school--S.W Ohio

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Oldschoolblue, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Oldschoolblue

Oldschoolblue Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Seriously thinking about looking into a CDL license and wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Best schools, worst.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Millis Transfer.
    Look them up on this site.
    Search “ Millis OTR journal “ great guys there ask them anything.
    Really good company to work for

Oldschoolblue Thanks this.
  4. James122

James122 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Napier Truck Driving Training if you go private school route.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    For a driver just starting out:
    Trucking company schools:
    Millis Transfer
    Jim Palmer Trucking
    Carter Express
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you want private cdl school, then big paychecks like $60K - $65K for a new cdl grad first year,
    check with Superior-Carriers in Cincinnati and ask which school in your area they hire from.
    Call these companies and ask which school they hire from if you want $1000 - $1500 weekly.
    Superior-Carriers
    Transport National
    Tidewater Transit
    Trimac Transportation
    W.W. Transport
    All the above hire new cdl school graduates from certain schools. They have a list of the schools they hire from and will tell you if you call.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Gunner75 can give details on Transport National. I think he works out of the Cincinnati terminal.
    [​IMG]

Oldschoolblue and Gunner75 Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    @Oldschoolblue i see your message on my profile, however your post count isn't high enough for me to reply, so i'll answer here.

It really depends if you want a company to pay for your training, or if you want to get your cdl on your own and then find a decent company after. Of you need a company to help with getting your cdl, given your location, I'd recommend Millis transfer as they have onthe of their training yards in Hamilton. If you want to obtain youre cdl on your own, then any one of the local training schools down there would work. My company has hired several guys from Napier cdl school on st rt 4/ Dixie highway in hamilton.

8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Yup SW Ohio Millis would be perfect for you. Great pay starting out and great equipment. Im a trainer with Millis feel free to ask any questions.

9. Oldschoolblue

Jul 1, 2018
    Thanks very much for the info. Probably going to have to look into getting help with school. Other than what Millis would cover, approximately how much will it cost me out of pocket to get behind a wheel? Also, what advice might you have for me going forward. If there were a couple things maybe u think would have been a help to you going into it blind. is Millis a decent company to drive for?

10. Oldschoolblue

Jul 1, 2018
    Thanks very much, really appreciate it. Any advice you might have and maybe an idea at what I'm looking a cost wise other than what Millis might cover.

11. Oldschoolblue

Jul 1, 2018
    Should contact Millis by phone to get stated in the process???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.