Best Tanker Companies in the Memphis area?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by hamboner, Feb 9, 2014.

1. hamboner

hamboner Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    West TN
    I am looking to go to a tanker outfit and would like to find a good one in the Memphis area. I would love to find a good gas hauling job, but I wouldn’t mind going otr if it was a good company that paid well. I would appreciate any help! I have one year experience hauling fertilizer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Immediate Opportunities for experienced drivers in our
    Southern Tanker Division --$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!

Join Sherman Bros. today and enjoy great runs in the sunny South! We offer excellent advantages for qualified company drivers including:
    [​IMG]
    • Compensation package includes on-time, accurate paychecks
    • Medical, dental & vision insurance
    • 401(K) retirement plan
    • Family company
    • Great home time
    • Good benefits
    • And so much more!
    Requirements:

• 21 years of age
    • HAZMAT certification
    • 1 year experience

4. hamboner

hamboner Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    West TN
    Thanks for the info Chinaman! I am familiar with Indeed and use it quite often, but thing is I don’t know much about any of these companies that have jobs posted. I am hoping someone may have some first hand knowledge about what companies are good to work for in Memphis. Thanks for the help. Whats the low down on Sherman bros?

5. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    I've been out of the fuel world for a little while, but Usher and Lewis used to the big dogs in the outside carrier in the fuel world. Fairly good $, home every day/night(notice day is first?) but nothing is free, you WILL earn every penny. "Fuel Haulin' ain't for Sissies". Fuel/gas hauling is very fast paced, its not for everyone. Keenan-Advantage (KAG) has a fuel terminal in almost every major freight hub in the country. Might want to look there too. If you can get in with a petroleum company like Marathon or BP would probably be best but those jobs are hard to get into. Most (not all) petroleum companies have phased out operating their own trucks. Pilot/Flying J have their own trucks, must be a fairly good job, because they never need drivers around here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.