best truck load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by lorry, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    I do ok, but I dont profit 200k+ a year. You must have a really nice truck and an awesome lifestyle. Have you been doing this for a long time or did you just have a nature ability to do this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Thats the whole point. If you buy "really nice truck" and constantly do all repairs and mainenance at dealership, you'll seriously cut your profits. Then yeah, i like to run like hell:)

4. Largecar359

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Have you been an o/o for a long time, and kinda worked up to it?

5. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Hey people, I am from Toronto and I get a free trial on 123loadboard and called a couple brokers One load was going to OHIO (power only ) which was around 375 miles paying $1200 CAD. Another load going to Dorval Quebec, with a reefer, 341 miles paying $800. Are these the usual rates or am i missing something big?

6. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    123loadboard is a scam. When you'll try to cancel it, they'll tell you its canceled but then still charge your credit card for another month. Thats what happened to me. The loads on 123loadboard are the worst imaginable, nothing like the real deal. Dont even bother with this loadboard!

7. haider99

Mar 19, 2014
    How are they nothing like real deal? Aren't the Brokers on the loadboard who we can say something about?

What are some good look boards for truckers out of Ontario?

8. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    I don't know, I took 2 loads from that 123 loadboard and they paid like 60% of what normal brokers pay for those types of loads. loads on that loadboard usually have way more pickup and delivery stops along the way than normal. Number of loads on that loadboard is 10 times less than on any respectable loadboard. That was 2 years ago. I dont know if anything changed since then. You have to pay for truckstop.com or truckersedge.com. Those are representative of the real deal...

9. haider99

Mar 19, 2014
    But did they not tell you the rate and told you about the pickups/drops (I suppose it was LTL) before you accepted the load? Or did they say, over the phone, we pay $1000 for this load but it was actually $600?

In canada loadlink is big but without a trial version. I will check the ones you mentioned.

10. Largecar359

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Rates are down across the whole market right now. There is good paying freight, but you need to work harder to find them. Serozhah profits 200k+ each year he def has more experience then me with this load board thing. I would listen to what he has to say. On the plus side fuel is cheap right now so you can probably afford to run 341 miles for $800. If your equipment is paid off and you maintain it yourself you can make big bucks driving big trucks.

11. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    No, i was just starting and didnt really know what loads paid how much. They told me the rate and then they paid it. Once i learned the ropes I realized how bad those loads were. No they were not LTL. They were full truckloads. Just with multiple stops along the way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.