Best Truck Stop in Florida

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by JakeBrakeTim, Feb 24, 2017.

1. JakeBrakeTim

JakeBrakeTim Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2017
    What do you all consider to be the best truck stop in Florida. I got to say it, I am so impressed with the Love's in Palm Coast Florida. Cleanest bathrooms I have ever sat my hiney on. Friendly staff too. What is even better is there is a incredible BBQ restaurant next door and a Harley Davidson dealership behind it. Stop by if you get a chance passing through off 95.

Tall Mike and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Petro off west side of 285 exit 12 I think

4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    good luck finding parking this time of the year...

BBQ at Daytona Pig Stand is good..

If I had to pick a favorite out of the slim pick'ns down there I guess I'd go with the 595 truck stop or Cafe 27..

I shouldn't have posted that because now both places will get over run with mega fleeters..

5. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Haha.. that's the Petro in Atlanta. You're off by just 1 state!

But, I honestly can't think of a truck stop in Florida that I like. They're all either dirty, charge you for parking or packed to the gills 24/7. Many are all 3. I guess I like the Petro in Ocala the best, since there's always a spot waiting for me, it's clean, and it's free.

The aforementioned Love's in Palm Coast is busy as hell, and full by 2 or 3 pm, since it's the closest stop to Orlando. And since it's next to the Harley dealer, they actually forbid trucks from parking there during bike week. I couldn't call a "truck stop" that panders to literally anyone else who isn't a trucker (even if it is for just a week or two) like that a truck stop I like, but hey, to each their own.

Friend and noluck Thank this.
  6. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    There is a truck stop in Orlando but its a dump...avoid !

I forgot about that Petro in Reddick they use to have really good food in there....Never thought I'd say that about a Petro but I'm going back a lot of years.

7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Not really a truck stop but worth a mention. somewhere just east of Lee there is an independent scale at what may have been a truckstop at one time, but now I think only the scale remains. I scaled a load of water there once that I picked up in Lee. The guy has an office Trailer next to it that he operates out of. Super nice guy, he comes out and washes your windshield and helps adjust tandems if needed. Even gave me a free cup of coffee and we chatted about cars for a while. I wish I could remember the exact location of this scale, I tried google but couldn't find it. Anybody else know where I'm talking about?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I think I found it, but looks like it may have been taken over by a pilot? I-75 exit 460. What a shame.

9. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    As a biker and trucker,this is why I won't ever stop here.
    10352948_810639745685026_459547430320284914_n.jpg

10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Whatever that truck stop is off 595 in Davie FL is a nice truck stop... I stayed there last week. I don't drink but there was a cuban guy there buying cases of beer and everyone was drinking. And they also cooked chicken on the BBQ on the patio behind the restaurant. It was also about 75 degrees and a little breeze which made it that much better!!!!!

Let me add: when I say nice I mean the lot is nice to park in.....I can't tell you much about the food in the restaurant, or the shop or any of the other amenities they have.

11. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    The restaurant is good but pricey..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.