Best trucker GPS app with hazmat routes?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Count FurFur, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Count FurFur

Count FurFur Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2019
    I have several GPS apps that I haven't really used that much. m plan on incorporating with a tablet. Id like to know which app if any... is good with hazmat routes. My Qualcomm the other day mess me up told me to go down the ro they end up being a private residence and ended up getting trapped luckily I was able to get the truck out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You always use your BRAIN to sit down with a Rand McNally Trip Atlas, DOT Websites for Routing and so on. Google overflows with information on where you can and cannot take Hazmat, you really have no excuse for getting that truck stuck there, wherever it is. 10,000 trucks go through LR daily for either coast with hazmat and they don't get stuck at a house because of some POS GPS that does not work anyway.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  4. Count FurFur

Count FurFur Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Actually, an officer for the Department of Homeland security pulled up the route and it showed that it was an accurate hazmat route. the problem is homeowners on that road were ####ing pieces of #### and created obstacles to prevent trucks from ever going down there. Pretty much creating a tractor-trailer trap. My company is currently looking at options to sue those homeowners. A lot of times with a hazmat route it will clearly try to avoid Bridges if it can and that's what this route did through my Qualcomm. this road would have been perfectly acceptable except for some scumbag redneck toothless heroin junkie homeowners placing large boulders along the route to trap an 18-wheeler.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok, the way you wrote it means that the public or people are interfering with a right of way you have every right to be on.

I consider that kind of action similar to a riot interfering with commerce. ANY time you run into that problem you call the law, then QC your company flash message that there is trouble and roll the Law your way. IF your company is any good at all they will track you within 8 feet anywhere on the planet and you will have help coming. Especially if you are a hazmat load.

I once had a line of ordinary people try to tell me I aint going that a way. I say you and what army with them gathered around my door like that for a cabover, (They all want a peice of me then after that smarty pants comment) it's easy that moment to grab gears and get down that way before anyone knew what was up. As far as I know I aint hit anyone. Shoved a few certainly. You shouldn't stand that close to a semi.

Over the years once in a while we run into a situation that is not correct for either us or the truck. And when that happens we call the law (Married team) and QC the company.

Next time you run into a boulder place your outer loaded tire against one corner of it. You might not get much on it depending on the physical problem presented by Boulder. Add lockers and take off in 1st. Gently but irrevocably. You will move that boulder. There is one still in a river in Jersey as far as I know until it's been recovered by whoever owns it. It was a half worked on block of marlble bigger than a man. I put that one into the river back in the 80's rather than see people ram it and get killed.

Intothesunset and tarmadilo Thank this.
  6. ralphbohm

ralphbohm Light Load Member

May 6, 2014
    Can you allude to this location? I'd like to see it in satellite view for myself. Thanks in advance.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  7. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    McNally doing pretty decent job when you turn Hazmat option in GPS,
    At least it's routing me around Dallas Houston, Cleveland, or on pA turnpike, so far I think it wanted to me go though downtown Armarillo , Tx on I40, where it's clearly says " Hazmat use loop 335"

8. BadPappy

BadPappy Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2022
    Try the app HazMap Routing on iphone and android.

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Hammer. app developed by the owners of this site. its free and it works well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.