Best trucking school in Dallas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by stephenbmx1, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Mack37 - here's the list of local jobs in DFW - read this thread.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stephenbmx1

stephenbmx1 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Would being a spotter truck driver or pepsico delivery truck driver with the side access on the trailer count towards tractor trailer experience? Some guy said that sand haulers, pepsico, beer companies wouldn't count...

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some companies will hire from those jobs if you can pass a road test. Those jobs used to be a barrier, but not so much anymore. The spotter won't help though because you're not driving on the streets.

5. stephenbmx1

stephenbmx1 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2017

Schneider has me starting orientation next Tuesday. It will be home daily with 100% touch freight which im fine doing, itll be worth it to get home daily for my first job. I was a Fedex ground delivery driver before this so im no stranger to slave labor.

So what CDL A jobs out there that have you work about 9-10 hours a day? How long do hazmat tanker guys usually work? I talked to a Fedex freight guy he say they work about 9-10 hours depending on what route you get. After I get my experience I may want to move to Colorado or Cali and not work 12 hour shifts 5 days outta the week...

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is no best.

Any school will teach you just enough to pass a CDL Test. Then your real educating gets started.

You might want to look into community college based courses. They probably will do well compared to puppy mills.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Plenty of local jobs all over the country for new drivers. You shouldn't have any trouble finding one where ever you relocate to. I found one yesterday that pays $60K which includes accessorial pays and it's owned by Warren Buffet through Berkshire-Hathaway. www.CORTevents.com This particular job is in Las Vegas, but probably divisions in other cities also.
    Where do you plan to live in CA or CO? Tanker jobs are most everywhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.