Bestpass in OK and KS not working?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TravR1, Apr 6, 2019.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I have read some old threads apparently I am not the only driver having a problem.

I was told my Bestpass should work everywhere, but its not. I always have gone through Pikepass lanes but I do not see the "thank you" light. Toll booth lady told me those still do not work.

Codriver is still driving through Pikepass express lanes. Can he get a ticket/pulled over? He thinks the fine will go to the company not him. I think the driver gets fined

Anyone with Bestpass have it working in OK? Not sure if my blue box just isn't working or if its the state being slow.

I had to pay going through KS too. KPass didn't work. The lady even ran the number off my box and nothing.

Still have TTag nightmares in Austin with all their Toll bs.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    Solutions - Bestpass

according to the web site , there are 3 different ones. all with different coverage states.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I believe bestpass only works east of tge mississippi. For OK, TX, and KS you need a pike pass or a kpass.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I used the Bestpass "transponder" that was just a small sticker placed on the windshield and it worked ok for PikePass tolls in OK. It wasn't a box/enclosure like EZ Pass, just a thin sticker with a small chip in it. I would call Bestpass and ask them.

Maybe you need to mount it lower if your truck has a visor?

TravR1 Thanks this.
  6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Yeah it's one of the blue boxes it also beeps me past weigh stations. I am just in a freightliner. Not cool enough for one of those visors.

I was told it should be working for everything. But since Kansas and now OK it hasn't worked. Dont remember ever getting "thank you" for Pikepass.

I am now utterly confused because as always everyone and my codriver are telling me different things.

Not sure if I can get in trouble for just going through Pikepass like I always have done up until now. I hate tolls.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  7. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    i was told at "brand x" that it works fine and that you wont know. it doesnt make a noise through tolls.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  8. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    My bestpass works for them. It doesnt make any sound but the charges are on my statement. It works everywhere in the US that trucks can legally go.

TravR1 Thanks this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Why don't you call Bestpass with your transponder number and ask them?

dunchues, roshea, TravR1 and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    That never even occurred to me. I thought it was something only my employer dealt with since they are paying. Its worth a phone call if they'll talk to me.

11. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Got blue ezpass box.
    Got white bestpass box.
    Got a white strip. Sure it has a chip in it.

Ain’t never had no problem.
    Mine works so good. Peoplenet tells me I can bypass rest stops. Now that’s good!:laughing-guffaw:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.