BestPass on Kansas Trunpike?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tscottme, Oct 14, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I recently had a trip to Lawrence, KS from the east. My truck has BestPass which is some sort of combo transponder that is supposed on numerous tollways. I would up having to pay cash on the Kansas Turnpike. Reading the BestPass webpage it says it cover the Kansas TP. Maybe I messed up. I came to Kansas from the Kansas City area on I-70. I used the electronic toll booth lanes. I don't remember if there was ANY signal at the toll booth/overhead sign when getting on the KTP. There was never any indication inside the cab from the transponder. Can experienced BestPass users tell me about your experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    If you have the combo transponder that looks like a large white box you have both the EZpass and PikePass functions. They call it the Horizon transponder. I had to fill out a separate form to get TX toll roads added to it. With the Horizon and TX tolls I have nationwide coverage. It does not beep or light up in the cab when it is read.

4. tscottme

I have a PrePass transponder and a BestPass transponder. BestPass looks similar to the PrePass except it is white. My PrePass works as expected. My BestPass works on the PA Turnpike. I assume the BestPass works on the bridges going through Louisvile as I've never heard otherwise after crossing those.

5. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Looks like your covered... (From the website)

All of your toll, wherever you go, on one invoice.

With 100% of the major toll roads in the United States included in our service, Bestpass has a toll management solution for you whether you run regionally or nationally. From national tolling on one device deployed to your entire fleet, to regional transponders deployed strategically to individual cost centers, we are able to tailor our service to best meet the needs of your fleet.

Our Freedom Service provides coast-to-coast violation, video, and out-of-Bestpass network toll statement processing, facilitating seamless travel beyond the major toll roads in the United States and Canada, wherever there is toll. We will process violations and submit corrections to any tolling authority on your behalf, saving you the time of tracking and processing violations, as well as the money spent on incurring additional violations.

We are dedicated to constantly grow our service network and are proud to say that we offer the best toll coverage available!

[​IMG]

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I have bestpass on my truck as well, worked fine when I cone through yesterday using the express lanes

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. tscottme

Thanks That's what I thought also, until the 2 different toll booths I used to exit/enter did not recognize my transponder. Both booths had phones and the remote attendants were asking for 30 digit numbers printed on the transponder, transponder doesn't have a 30 digit number. Since I thought the system was working I used the non-paper lanes to enter the KTP. Luckily I only paid something less than $10 for the trip into/out of Kansas. It's the only time, and only place I've had any indication BestPass doesn't work everywhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.