BEWARE OF MERCER

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by texasmorrell, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I thought about insurance, but as large as they are, surely they are self insured.
    And I know there are othe fees like drug consortium and other admin stuff, but I would be surprised if it amounts to say a couple weeks of profit on a per o/o basis.

Of course I'll admit to not knowing the numbers, but I have a hard time believing a company with 2,500 drivers will "fire" someone without notice because he's in a slow lane.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I'm not saying he was fired because he lives in a bad area. In fact i would argue against that. I life in the freaking black hole of Florida and take months off at a time and have never heard one word shout needing to generate more revenue/pull more loads.

I was just saying that there is costs involved in every truck you got leased on.

Bean Jr., roshea and ZVar Thank this.
  4. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    I agree. Besides, how many trucks here only work part time? If cost per truck took that big a toll, mercer would be after them but instead mercer says you just have to run at least 1 load per 90 days.

5. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    It's one load per 120 days.

drvrtech77 and Rickp Thank this.
  6. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Ok. Thought they said 90 when they sent out the safety update last year. Wasnt really something i was worried about so prob didnt remember it right.

7. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

unless something changed it is one load every 120 days.

Rickp Thanks this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So one load every 4 months pays the bills.... How slow was the op to get fired for being in s slow area?

What, is he in Hawaii insisting to do only the lower 48 runs? :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    bryan21384, spyder7723 and Rickp Thank this.
  9. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Lol

10. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

It is in the Federal Motor Carrier Leasing Regulations that a carrier can withold settlement/escrow until decals and all company property is returned. Every carrier I know of does this. This is not Mercer setting out to screw anyone over, it is standard among all carriers.

49 CFR § 376.12 - Lease requirements.

(f)Payment period. The lease shall specify that payment to the lessor shall be made within 15 days after submission of the necessary delivery documents concerning a trip in the service of the authorized carrier. The documentation required before the lessor can receive payment is limited to log books required by the Department of Transportation and those documents necessary for the authorized carrier to secure payment from the shipper. In addition, the lease may provide that, upon termination of the lease agreement, as a condition precedent to payment, the lessor shall remove all identification devices of the authorized carrier and, except in the case of identification painted directly on equipment, return them to the carrier. If the identification device has been lost or stolen, a letter certifying its removal will satisfy this requirement. Until this requirement is complied with, the carrier may withhold final payment. The authorized carrier may require the submission of additional documents by the lessor but not as a prerequisite to payment. Payment to the lessor shall not be made contingent upon submission of a bill of lading to which no exceptions have been taken. The authorized carrier shall not set time limits for the submission by the lessor of required delivery documents.

texasmorrell and JonJon78 Thank this.
  11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    He claims he got fired for being in a bad area. But all of us leased here know better.

Bean Jr., RustyBolt, JonJon78 and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.