BEWARE OF MERCER

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by texasmorrell, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    About 5 years ago I moved more loads for Mercer than all brokers those years combined.

Today you can't find a Mercer shipment hardly anymore in VA, MD, PA, WV, NC.

Something happened

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    They grew the fleet and grew the preferred carrier list by quite a lot so those loads are covered by contracted trucks and preferred carriers. Due to this you won't see many loads on public load boards.

4. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You would think I would be on that preferred carrier list then.

No. Places that I still return to today that were popular shippers also don't see Mercer anymore. Yea

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    All that is in the lease you signed but failed to read. The fact they didn't give you any notice at 1000 miles from home only reinforces the fact you're not being forthcoming with the truth.

Bean Jr., Lonesome, drvrtech77 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Without knowing which places those are i only speculate. What i do know from the time I've been leased here wuich is over 6 years, i have not seen a decrease in load volume. Seasonal ups and downs yes. But show me a flatbed carrier that doesn't have a winter slow down. And we've also lost a few customers, but gained some as well. Heck I've even seen agents go and take their customers with them, but they are replaced with new agents bringing in new customers. What's that saying? The more things change the more they stay the same?

Edit to add: if you want to be a preferred carrier call the Louisville office and all them what the requirements are. That would put you on the call first list.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    JonJon78, roshea and Rickp Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    1st of all I'm gonna call you out... You claim that they fired you because of where you live... According to the letter you live in cleburne tx... That is in the Dallas Fort Worth region so your unilaterally 100% full of garbage that they fired you because of the area you live in we have Plenty of freight in that region.... So tell us what you did to a customer that had a customer call Louisville and rat you out because we know you're not telling the whole truth or even remotely any of the truth to begin with.

Bean Jr., Opus and thaistick Thank this.
  8. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Plenty of freightin that region? You are full of crap. The last time I went home I had to dead head to Louisville to get a load. Mercer has very little freight in Texas which is one of the reasons I gave them my 15 days notice and they violated the contract and terminated me 15 minutes later. The last straw with me was having to sit for three days to unload because the customer was closed on mondays. BRP out of Valcourt going to Dothan Alabama Harley dealership. Look it up. This was withheld from me when I accepted the load. No compensation and the customer is always right. Now do you understand? Do not tell Mercer your leaving until you are ready to go. They will term you 10 minutes later and cancel your insurance. Hence BEWARE OF MERCER. They didn’t try to keep me from leaving because I was out of Texas and they have great difficulty getting trucks out of Texas.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  9. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
  10. skytrash

skytrash Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2017
    denton , tx
    I live in Texas and yes the freight coming out is cheap but it’s there. I usually only come here to take home time and expect a cheap load out to a good paying area

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I don't drive for Mercer, as I like my cushy job I have. I have no skin in the game.
    So which one is the truth? Why would I belive you when you are telling two different stories?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.