Beware of North Shore Truckers or Payless Truckers for Saucier or Gulfport Misissippi

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OldeSkool, Jun 10, 2020.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I found a Peterbilt 379 at this dealership and went to look at it. I was told an old man had owned it and retirement was his reason for getting rid of it. The salesman told me originally they had done nothing to the truck when they got it. They also said online the truck had 160,000 miles on rebuild and the engine had warranty.

Upon arrival, I immediately noticed fresh paint on the frame and engine. A different salesman told me they had painted it up and done other work to it. I could see evidence of rust on the frame, although it was not bad, and other areas with no fresh paint did not seem to be rusty.

We pulled a CarFax report on the VIN (which I highly recommend) and discovered the truck had a rebuilt title, which means it had previously been a salvage title. Also no paperwork on the engine overhaul, and the only evidence of warranty was the older man told me since it only had 160,000 miles on the overhaul surely “they” would warranty it. Which “they” he meant I have no idea since there was no evidence of an overhaul at all.

After I left to think it over, they text me they had now got paperwork for the overhaul from the previous owner, but my gut was telling me to put the petal down on my rental car and put Gulfport in the rear view mirror.

I hate leaving bad reviews about businesses, but I feel like these guys are shady. My main reason for not buying the truck was the salesmen’s stories were all different. If I would have only had one salesman and he would have had proof of what he said the truck had, (overhaul with warranty), I would have probably bought it even with a rebuilt title. My advice is, be careful. They have lots of nice looking trucks on TruckPaper, but I looked around the shop and it wasn’t my kind of operation.

If anyone has had a good experience with them feel free to post it as well. I hate to run them down, but I also want to warn any prospective buyers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I see they changed so called locations again. Previously in Covington La. Though I think it was only an Office, or PO Box, for that matter. These Guys are the worst kind of Crooks. Originally started from the Junkyard behind Love’s, in Biloxi. Been pushing Junk now for at least 15 yrs. Numerous Lawsuits, in house warranties,in house financing schemes, designed to keep the payments rolling in. They’ll swap a bad Truck out, with another, to keep payments rolling in. I see all their Trucks, in Truckpaper. They look and sound great.They all claim to be rebuilt. I thought that new Hattiesburg Dealer might be them. I used to buy parts at their Junk yard. They would put Trucks together, offer in house financing, and exploit Truckers, especially during the Credit crunch, it’s flat out unbelievable these Clowns aren’t in Prison yet. Father Son, Operation. I had a disgruntled salesman explain a bunch of their scamming ways. Hard to believe.

bzinger, sealevel, 650cat425 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    • Always get a RigDig Report
    • If you are not mechanically inclined, pay a certified mechanic to inspect the truck
    • Demand a dyno
    • Get a fluid analysis

5. Truckermoney402

Truckermoney402 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2020

This person doesn’t know what they are talking about. This is a New Buisness. This is not Freedomway Trucks. Freedomway trucks is still in business up the road.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2020
    Reason for edit: Removed advertising link
  6. jrc1975

jrc1975 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2020
    Actually he was partially correct. Before it was freedomway it was american truck showroom, they owned. I've personally known these people for 30 plus years and my family has known them since the 70s. They are crooks and Mr Cox is not ashamed of it, openly tells how he screws people. They own the truck lot in saucier, ms(repair shop is on hwy 53 and their main office is on kellogg Rd in saucier) they have 2 auto lots, have the Covington, La truck "lot" which is 3 different business, and have 4 pawn shops.

7. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    You guys sure make me glad I didn’t buy that truck lol.

bzinger and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  8. jrc1975

jrc1975 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2020
    They are my wife's family, love most of her family like my own, but I would NOT take one of his trucks if he paid me to.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Well... I believe you have sumed it up better than anyone...

650cat425 Thanks this.
  10. themetro

themetro Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Thank you so much for that. I've been looking at some of their trucks on Truck Paper, and they sounded great. I think I'll just delete all those "saved" units right now.

OldeSkool and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    You trusted your gut and saved yourself tons of heartache. These are the same full of crap people that have been scamming future owner operators with their spray can hunks of junk.

People should gather together and picket these places. Hell, bring sandwiches and make a party of it.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.