Beware of stoops Freightliner in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Nacho0123, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Nacho0123

Nacho0123 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2019
    I will never again go here for service or parts. Over the course of several years every time I have been here they have robbed me blind.

The first time that stands out in my mind what is a few years back when I took my truck in because I was having a power loss issue. They kept my truck for several days and then finally did nothing other than change the fuel crossover line even though I told them that had already been done two other times to no avail. Also when I got my truck back for some strange reason my stereo had been removed from my dash and left laying in my passenger seat.

the next time that really stands out in my memory was back in October. In July another carriers driver ran over the hood of my truck destroying the hood, the headlights, the charge air cooler, the radiator, and the AC condenser. All of these parts where aftermarket upgrades that I had made to the truck and when stoops quoted the job they quoted it as such and verbally told me they would replace the parts with what I had on there at the time of the accident. Instead they replaced them all with OEM parts and when asked about it they said the OEM parts for the same price. When I got the truck back 3 months later I realized there was something not quite right in the steering so I called them on the phone and they said that the truck had just had an alignment and it would take time to break in. I did not know any better at the time so I kept on driving it. two weeks later I had to buy a new set of steer tires because it had eaten through them all and stoops refused to make it right. At that point I told myself they would never touch my truck again and that I would only use them for parts.

A couple of weeks ago I went in and bought an air dryer for my truck. This was not the first time I bought an air dryer for my truck from stoops and when I went in I not only gave them the VIN number but also told them that it was the ad-9 air dryer that I needed. The guy behind the counter said oh yeah that's what we have for you. So I took it home 90 miles away opened up the hood took off the used air dryer broke out the box with the new one only to discover what they had given me was an ad-ip. Since it still fit in the bracket on my truck I assumed that the ad-ip was an upgrade for the ad-9 and went ahead and put it on my truck. today when I tried to turn in the core they refused to give me back my core charge because according to them they always go by what the VIN number says the OEM parts should be because and I quote truck drivers don't know what they're talking about.

All I'm saying is beware. This company looks for any way they can to screw you out of money. I will be posting this on multiple sites as well.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    One screwing wasn't enough, you kept going back!

4. Nacho0123

Nacho0123 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Ya I was stupid that way. Won't be making that mistake again.

Socal Xpress and Matt1924 Thank this.
  5. stoops is notorious that for years... just like Rush Peterbilt M&K Volvo few others..
    it said to just harping on it here did you take the time to report them to the BBB???
    INSTEAD OF POSTING IT TO OTHER SITES WHINING AND CRYING POSTED TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU PAGE.
    BECOME A MEMBER AND CONTACT OOIDA LEGAL DEPARTMENT ABOUT IT PERHAPS YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING GOING WHERE YOU COULD GET SOME MONEY BACK..
    what good to going to do to keep preaching to the choir everybody knows stoops is crooked they've always been a bottom Barrel dealership this is nothing news people probably going to roll their eyes when you post as you say it multiple sites be like really tell us something we don't know...
    BETTER YET WHY DON'T YOU GO ON THE STOOPS WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN GO TO GOOGLE AND PUT IN REVIEWS PUT IN THE REVIEW OF YOUR LOUSY EXPERIENCE IN DETAILING MAYBE THEY WILL GET BACK IN CONTACT YOU AND FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING ON??

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. Nacho0123

Nacho0123 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2019
  7. that's what you need to do..
    especially if you got receipts and proof and everything else you so speak of

8. johnnyman1099

johnnyman1099 Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Last time I went to Stoops Freightliner was in Indianapolis, IN. Took 5 days to recharge my AC system and charged me $800. Claim it cost high because of hours spent troubleshooting my A/C system. No new parts was needed. $800 to recharge my A/C is too expensive. And 5 days downtime.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. Nacho0123

Nacho0123 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2019
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'd never heard a kind word about them, and only horror stories.

There's another chain along 80 in Illinois of similar claim, can't think of the name.

11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    it's your fault. who takes truck to OEM dealer for A/C recharge ? ))))))) next time when you will need belt changed don't go there again. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.