Beware of Thieves in South Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Big Duker, May 6, 2013.

1. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I don't care for working in Eagle Ford {S TX} area. We do quite a bit though. This week my dislike was strengthened by someone getting into side compartment on tractor and stealing pneumatic 45' elbow, 5"-4" reducers, grease gun, and a few other small things. Elbow is around $150. This was done in broad daylight in Dilley, TX at the Tex Best. I-35 at 85. 100' from store in fuel lanes. Turn your back on those Mezicans and white trash down there for a minute and you WILL get ripped off. Lock up everything if you are stepping away from your vehicle. I didn't this one time and it cost me.

281ric, MoneyCat and RockinChair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sorry that happened but unfortunately it's a national problem not just S.Texas. Never trust anyone, lock everything up and watch where you park.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. tkstucker

tkstucker Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    exactly, its the same anywhere u go. people want your hard work to pay them. sad but its reality. I don't walk away from my truck unless its locked. my trailer even gets padlocked before I leave a shipper. cause in the end I am responsible for this load with no excuses. sorry this happened to u let this be a lesson learned. thanks for posting maybe this will give other truckers insight on needing to lock there trucks

RockinChair and superpet39 Thank this.
  5. diamondz

diamondz Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Texas
    That's a terrible shame Big Duker.........feel bad for you...........i'm not a trucker (yet) but thanks for the warning.

6. mark2842

mark2842 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Lawrenceville,Ga
    I had a 20 ft hose taken last yr. Was at the Loves in 3 rivers. And yes mid day. Went and took a shower and bam gone. Cost $334.00

7. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Yeah man, it's a national problem.

About 2 months ago I was at the Indian River truck stop in Big Cabin, OK north of Dallas.
    Did a PTI, locked all my tanks up, locked my doors and pulled the curtains then went to sleep.

Woke up the next morning with most of the fuel gone out of my driver side, and my reefer tank completely drained.

Company had the cops and everything down there on me, managed to prove it wasn't me (thanks to security cams in the lot) but the thief was in all black and had an SUV pull up behind me with a miter siphon pump.
    They never ended up getting caught, and the cops told me it happens a lot in that area.

BTW: they took almost the full tank out of my driver side (90+ gallons) and the ENTIRE tank of reefer fuel (50 gallons) and the reefer shut down, failed to alarm and ruined the load (frozen foods of all sorts and kinds from about 8 different shippers, can't even imagine the losses on that.)

8. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    That's a real crap hole. I try to avoid at all costs. Will find some excuse to go to Pearsall or else where to shower fuel. If I just need fuel I often hit a Stripes. One in Beeville gives you $5 store credit and they have really good deli.

9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The main problem with the Love's in 3R is that it's way too small. Great location, but not enough fuel islands, not enough showers, and they need to double the size of the parking lot.

10. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
  11. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Well if it was the TA in Nashville I would have to say I'm not surprised. That has tone the worst facility in the entire TA/Petro chain that I have ever been in. I got hung up there with an oversized load not long ago and realized that the big fence isn't to keep the scum out but rather to keep the captive targets contained for the thieves, ######, bums, thugs and scum. Even walking from the truck to the building was a gauntlet of bums, thugs and ######. Once inside it only got worse, the place was overrun with undesirables and management didn't seem to care.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.