Beware & Warning

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikkib51, Jul 23, 2007.

1. mikkib51

mikkib51 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2007
    skowhegan, Maine
    Please Beware:
    This story on How Trucking Companies are trying to help their Drivers get fit and healthier? on July 10,2007 in the Tampa Tribune(Business section on page2.) caught my eyes. I have a few comment that I would like share with you.
    Are you aware of these things:
    how some of these trucking companies are covering up about drivers with breathing problems from mold and other things?How they are refusing to pay for theirdrivers' medicial treatment
    ?
    Some of these trucking companies are just cover everything up and mold infected trucks as the driver are being lied to and saying that its from smoking even if they don't smoke and molds kills.They are refusing to pay for medical for these drivers.
    You may be wondering how I know about this matter?I have a friend and he told me and has proof that he has molds in his lungs and serious breathing problems. John Hopkins is the only true mold hospital in this country in Baltimore, Maryland.
    S
    omeone who workedfor this trucking company told my friend about the flood trucks from Katrina and how a few of those trucks had slipped passed them but they had cleaned most of them and put back on the road some of these will have mold if not all of them.There are a lot of drivers who have complained about breathing problems from driving their company trucks. Most of these drivers are fathers and mothers also there are lady drivers some with little children who may lose a parent due to the molds.
    I am very upset & very concern for my friend as he is not getting better and being without any treatments,tests and medicines, his lungs are breathing only with 1/3 of air as the lungs are on fire and is very painful. He has told me that everything that he eats and drinks taste like MOLDS!! YUCK!! This is scaring me. This matter needs to be look into as there are many other drivers having this kind of health issue and not knowing its. How would you feel if this was happening to your Dad, Uncle, brother or your own son? Maybe Your Mom, Aunt, sister or your little girl? What would you do?
    we hope that you will help by bringing this to the public's eyes as someone might know a driver having these problems and it might be caught early enough for them to be treated.Most doctor are shying away from this because these trucking companies don't want to pay and they can't give the treatments for free as its cost too much.
    For example:
    Its costs
    over $5000 for 8 hours of treatment not counting tests, xrays or ct scans and shots and IV's as this can be very dangerous.
    These
    companies thinks that the driver should go back to driving and if he gets in a wreck and they aren't at fault but theystop their workers comp but these drivers has to eat and pay bills even doctor bills and meds as no one wants to help so the driver go back to work and maybe get killed or hurt someone.Most professional drivers with over 10 years driving wouldn't put the public in danger but the companies think not being able to breath isn't a risk, so either way you go back to work or you dont have a job.
    T
    his driver has had 30 years driving a truck and trailer and the company is out of Omaha,Neb. I haven't named the company but they are very big and have blue trailers in their dry van fleet with the company name on its.Also Neb. workers comp filings are public records and lawyers have contacted injured workers every day about their cases.
    I would like to thank you for your time and understanding.I hope you will please look into this matter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I didn't know molds were a problem, thanks for the information. I have found that blow-by and gassing from batteries going down is bad for me, I don't live in my truck now so I'm not as exposed as before,but it still can be trouble.

It sounds like Farmer's Lung , which is from breathing mold spores all the time.
    I had an acute attack one time with high fever from clearing off a silo, it's nothing to mess with.

Something needs to be done about things like this, accidents happen, people get hurt and killed, and property gets damaged. Anything adversely affecting the health of a driver impairs the driver and the laws of this country don't allow for unknown impairment as an excuse for accidents or traffic violations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.