Big company yearly income Swift US Express ect

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mad dog logistics llc, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Mad dog logistics llc

Mad dog logistics llc Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    So when these big companys advertise 70,000 a year and benefits, do drivers actually earn 70,000 a year? I knew a guy who was getting 65cents a mile but was lucky to bring home 600 a week with US Express. Do swift drivers make what Swift advertise or is there a catch. What benefits are you getting if you get health care is it free or what are your out of pocket expenses?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Schoob

Schoob Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Southeast Mo
    Everyone post your W2 lol Kidding aside i've always been curious my self. I wouldn't be able to put up with them for a year to find out.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The money is relative to how long you have been there and how many miles you run. But the miles are generally there if you want them. Certain times of the year are slower than others, like the first 2-3 months of the year.

The insurance is mostly paid by Swift, but you do have a share to pay. I do not remember the % that Swift pays, but it is pretty high. Something like 70 or 80 %.

5. Raydar

Raydar Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Teams is where it's at my last check of the year I grossed 2500 brought home 1500 #### i did get a couple of bonuses in that check though California taxes took 1000 dollars. I'm solo now and it's slow going. I'm embarrassed to even say what I'll bring home. I just couldn't stay on that truck with that guy. I work for swift. Been with them all most 6 months now

6. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    What was wrong with him?

7. Raydar

Raydar Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I left 80 bucks on a shelf took the garbage out come back and its gone. I can't prove nothing though. got back to the home terminal got my stuff and got off the truck. Driver leaders hate dealing with that type of stuff and I could tell the way she acted she didn't even want to know about it. He was first seat too so he talk to her more then I did. I let it go nothing could be done anyway. if he really needed that money he didn't need to steal it. He kept telling me I missed placed nope that's not what happen

TIMPTE 527 Thanks this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    When there's money to be made. Truckers around the world will line up for a chance at employment.

And they wouldn't have a turnover rate.

The internet has determined. That is a lie. Said no Maury evuh.

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I think how much money u can make in trucking in general is what kind of person u are... Thats what make truckin fun is the mkre u work the more u get paid... More miles more money... The guys that tell u they cant make money is the ones that spend all day sittin around #####in n moanin instead of workin... To answer ur question i think it depends on the driver

10. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    This is it exactly!

I use to walk in our terminal and wait for a service to be done in the lounge. Everyone would be #####ing about. It making money and miles etc. I use to feel bad. Now I’ve realized they aren’t making money because of themselves! So now I speak up and tell them I take home over $1k a week and have never missed a bonus.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    If you're making a grand a week, what kind of miles is that and is it drop n hook or stops?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.