Big G Express Shelbyville, Tn So far........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Had one of those "why me" days that us truck drivers all have once in a while. Get to the receiver, big sign "not allowed on property until 30 min before appt". I was over an hour early. So, I go around the block to line up in a little gravel patch just before their driveway, facing the right way. But...it was train switching time on the other side street. 25 minutes watching the train roll forward 100 yds, then back 100 yds...then sit, then roll 100 yds, and back 100 yds. Finally get thru, sit in the gravel for a bit, then check in...I get my next preplan, out of Conover headed for Bowling Green...that picks up at 1700. No problem, it's an hour drive, and it's only 1300. At 1500, I finally get empty and roll...then I hit Charlotte traffic. I get in the area where the directions say the shipper is...but, they're wrong. So I pull in where they say the shipper is, and go around back to check...right company, wrong location(this was 420 N -whatever- road, I was suppose to be picking up at 430 S -whatever- road). I use Google Maps to search...but it says S -whatever- road addresses stop in the 200's. I finally get someone's attention, and they give me the right directions...but now I am 25 minutes late. I get to the right place, and there is 1 loader, and he is going home after his current truck...so now I have to wait until after 1900 for the next shift to get loaded and pray they are quicker than Billy-bubba because the little teenie tiny Peelot at the exit was already over full when I got here, and my 14 is up at 2200... 1st real hiccup on directions and being pushed for time, but it does deliver tomorrow and just gets me over 11k for May.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Hey @tow614, do the Monday holidays effect the payroll in any way? Usually by tomorrow late afternoon I can see my paycheck stub...

4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Will be a day behind

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Are we talking just the info will be delayed, or the deposits of the moolah?

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Info

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The shipper had a communication error. 1st shift put me in a door, and staged the load before going home. I heard him talking to both the other warehouse and to the shuttle driver (who was suppose to relay the message to the other warehouse)that a driver was at his location and they needed to send someone down to load me, then he locked up and left. A Koch truck showed up to be loaded about 30 min later. About 20:30 a shuttle driver showed up to load the Koch truck (not the same one as before), not knowing I was even there. Both the 1st shuttle driver and the 1st shift at the other warehouse failed to relay the message to them about me being there to load. He appologized 3 or 4 times, and got me out of there in 30 min. So, I just split a break between there and a small dirt lot truck stop in Nebo, NC (I-40 x-90), and now I am back on track, but will use a little more of todays hours to deliver...on time. That's the truckin' life.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Lonesome and tow614 Thank this.
  8. Bubba15

Bubba15 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Connecticut
    Put my app in earlier today, hoping to hear back soon

tow614 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Unloaded in a flash, now I am off to PA again. 1639 miles in 3.25 days Ended up turning 11128 in May, with 3.5 days off.

It was nice to get that emergency message earlier today...sounds like freight here is really moving. They didn't say it, but previous companies would say stuff like that when they were over-booked on loads. It's been a long time since I have worked for a company with abundant freight like this...feels good!!! (How long has it been since I complained about something here?)

Lonesome, Bumper, 4mer trucker and 3 others Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    In case anyone is thinking about coming thru Cincinnati, and hasn't been thru there lately...trucks heading up I-71 thru the city have to use I-275 to go around. I'm guessing construction, and it may be a long project, they have signs up telling drivers to go around that look like a long term placement instead of a short term temporary "hang-over" sign.

11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Today will be my fourth time thru in four days, third in a row at rush hour. I can't wait. Going to try the bypass again today.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.