Big G Express Shelbyville, Tn So far........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Livininabox

Livininabox Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    Got 100% of bonuses that are paid out in Dec
    Fuel and performance and safety and compliance...2 seperate bonuses we have here.
    Numbers are coming together nicely and better than I had anticipated before coming here.

It looks very possible I may break $60K my 1st full year here and that will be w/o esop.

YMMV

bigred81, tow614 and Air Breeze Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I got every bonus as well for the year...my mileage bonus was down for november but that was due to me taking so much time off...December numbers are strong and i will be taking 4 days off for christmas...will be taking vacation in the spring to paint my house and redo flooring....

Livininabox Thanks this.
  4. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    I am in save mode as at 55 I am retiring and not counting on any government help after that time ( social welfare )

When I was in my 20's I swore I would not work past 55..I made some stupid $ decisions early in life but have done a complete 360 since then.

I will have plenty of time after 55 for relaxing and holidays, for now it's money mode.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    bigred81 Thanks this.
  5. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    Not sure how others are tallying up miles but I run a lot of shorter loads at times to get miles..I turn nothing down and this may help my avgs.

I know many drivers hate short loads ( kills the 70 ) but I don't agree with that, If you can stay rolling with loads with minimal downtime in between loads it all adds up. ( short miles pays more cpm here ).

Here is an example
    11 loads over a 7 day period
    paid miles on ea load

All on 1 pay period for 3101 miles

Longer miles don't always equal more miles per week..this is where I think Big G does a pretty good job..they make use of available hrs and plan loads with not a lot of excessive time on them to keep you rolling and stay productive.

The majority of my higher than avg weeks have consisted of many shorter loads.

I relayed this to dispatch when I started here..I don't mind short loads, just keep me rolling/ productive

YMMV

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Lone Ranger 13 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Do you get extra pay on the short stuff, or just the cpm?

7. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    extra pay..here is the breakdown

1-49 local
    50-200. + .10
    201-250 + .08
    251-300. + .06

extra cpm added to base rate cpm on all miles paid empty and loaded

8. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    I break down all my weekly trips to a cpm avg for all trips run for each pay period..at the eom I add in the monthly mileage bonus to each weekly avg giving me a true cpm paid on miles run for each week..I add any additional pays into that equation..perf bonus on runs/detention/holiday pay...
    We are cpm pay based and that is how I calculate my cpm

My spread sheet is very detailed and breaks down everything, it is my own speadsheet I made and have done it with each company I run with, it gives me some comparative numbers to go with as well of keep track of every mile as I use that at tax time ( I have always done my own taxes and take every deduction possible that is uncompensated and deductible )

My numbers can be confusing to look at but is accurate..I try to kiss for the simpletins on the boards

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. Livininabox

May 13, 2011
    Came out Tues 12/22 to start my 18 day holiday trek. Be back for hometime 1/8.

Thus far 2761 miles that will deliver tommorow morning, had 3 pps on me before xmas day and all are productive, 2 are D&H. Should have 3k+ for this week...Will see what next week brings...

YMMV

Santa did bring me a hole in my A/C condensor on my trip down to the Tampa area yesterday, will get that fixed next hometime. YAY ME !!

Kroozn20 and Air Breeze Thank this.
  10. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Just had the chance to look at the report i received for paid miles driven for 12/01/2014 - 11/30/2015.

Not a bad year. Considering I now have more frequent and consistent hometime than I did while driving for Gordon along with a little higher cpm and real bonuses I always manage to receive; my move to Big G has definitely been the right one for me.

Looking forward to another great year in 2016 !!!

Hope everyone has a great new year....

11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Now that 2015 is done, I'll weigh in as well. Started in late August. Paid miles have been so far:

September 11653
    October 12374
    November 11139
    December 11992

So far on pace to run 140k.

I confirm that almost everything in this thread appears to me to be accurate. There are some things that naturally will vary from one driver to another.

Being new, I chose to run Thanksgiving and Christmas also. Got home last evening. I got paid $90 holiday pay for Thanksgiving and got $180 for Christmas. Not sure why $180 but fine by me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.