Big m trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jardo87, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    My experience
    Orientation: they take your rental cars from you, so if you didn’t drive there in your own vehicle there is no way getting back and forth from hotel unless some one there drove there own personal vehicle. You sit in a room watching videos from the 1990s on truck awareness. On third day you will hop in truck and go on road test. Everything’s fine... then all the fun stuff happens.

I get assigned a 2015 freight liner to with 60,000 miles, which I thought was weird, later I found out it had 500,000 miles but they replaced dash. According to my window sticker I needed my B service so I brought the truck to the shop and asked if they could service my truck and my APU was not working. They said you can drive a couple thousand miles and bring it back and we will service it when you get back. Fine, I get dispatched to Indiana on fed ex run, I have to be there a day early and I sat 32 hours, i was not allowed to leave the fenced in area until my load was ready. I was not allowed to go anywhere to get anything to eat...fine. I drive the load 5 hours to Ohio and no one was at drop location. I called fed ex and they asked me to leave bills and drop trailer where ever. I never left a place before without BOL signed. So I wait for 33 more hours to get a dispatch. Fine, I’m supposedly getting paid to sit so I’m not worried about it. I finally get dispatched back to the terminal so i can get truck serviced. Everything is working out, until I break down In Kentucky at 530pm during rush hour. I was on side of I-74 south and called dispatch several times with no answer, 30-45 mins later I get a hold of night shift driver manager and tell him I’m broke down. He transfers me to a voicemail. I call back and asked for help and he transfers me back to voicemail. This happens 2 more times and I asked him who is on call on service side and to just give me his cell number. I call and leave 2 voicemails and he finally calls me back. He tells me to find a truck service in my area and call them to come look at my truck... fine. They came out and couldn’t do anything, coolant sensor went out and they could not fix. So then maintenance tells me to find my own wrecker service to come tow me. Fine.... finally at 130am I get towed to freight liner. I also had to find my own hotel... which is fine that doesn’t matter I’ll help out as much as I can. But I thought it was kinda weird to call my own wrecker. 2 day’s later my driver manager calls me and asks me what’s going on with my truck. So nothing was passed on to any one... so I explained everything that my truck is in freight liner getting fixed. I call freight liner and they ask me to come to the shop to pay for it. Trucks fixed I get dispatched and hit the road. As soon as I leave freightliner shop and get on interstate truck breaks down again. I pushed the button to override truck shut down and limp back to freightliner to get fixed again. I spend the rest of day there. Driver manager never answers phone or returns calls from voicemails I left. Eventually truck gets fixed again and I head out that night to the customer. I walk inside to check in at customer and the load was taken by another trucking company. Never in my life have I been dispatched to a load that was already picked up by another trucking company. So I call night shift dispatch and let him know what’s going on. He tells me to call the broker... what? You call the broker.... what good is it going to do for me or you by calling a broker who has gave the load to another trucking company? He told me that,” I have 400 other trucks to worry about” and hangs up phone. It’s Friday night and my driver manager does not come back until Monday. So I find a truck stop and sit for 62 hours until I’m dispatched again. I get dispatched to Chicago for 8 stops unloading tires. That’s fine, I’ll do it. But why am I not coming back to terminal to get truck serviced? So I pick up tires and start going to deliver at customers who don’t have room for semi trucks. That’s fine we have all been there taking up half the road as people honk and cuss at you. 8 stops later I am done... took 13 hours and was able to make it to next shipper only to find out my load was once again.... taken already by another trucking company. Instead of calling night shift dispatch who has”400 other trucks to worry about” I wait until my driver manager comes in the next morning to explain what happened. She asked me why I didn’t call broker... why do I have to do load master and driver manager and service/maintenance job? I asked her to get me back to terminal so I can turn this truck in. I sit 2 days waiting for load back to terminal. Which is fine.... as long as I get home. I get dispatched to Knoxville and as soon as I am 5 miles away from customer my truck breaks down. 3 times in 2 weeks break down. I have to get towed 1 hour to terminal. Fine as long as I get there. I reserve car from enterprise and go talk to Jacob over recruiting and see if he can find me a ride to enterprise. He told me he was busy and to find my own way.... I walked out to the road and literally flagged some one down to give me ride to enterprise.... that I paid for to get out of there.

rachi and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    1918 Anywhere, USA 90210
    Geez....what a series of events. All this time you were calling dispatch, did you ever type this up in the Qualcomm?

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Is this the outfit you are talking about? if it is, you should send the CEO and the rest of the executive board an email, detailing your travails.

Big M Transportation - Careers

Texas_hwy_287 and rachi Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    1918 Anywhere, USA 90210
    I've always heard good things about that company. They always run through Memphis and I see them with regularity. Their trucks are nice looking

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Wow. The moment they told me to figure out how to get the truck to the shop I'd have locked the door and tossed the keys into a field lol.

Not literally lol but I'd be gone before the truck came out of the shop.

7. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Yes there is a strand of Qualcomm messages as well I figured I vented enough and lost everyone

rachi Thanks this.
  8. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I didn’t want abandonment on my record... trust me I thought about It

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I complained enough and thank god I found another trucking company. I just wanted to warn everyone here about the company

TruckerOllie, Coffey and Eddiec Thank this.
  10. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Decatur, Al
    You went above and beyond in regards to the situation, and you did the best course, putting distance between you and said situation. If I was told to do other folk's jobs for them instead of the folks doing their jobs, I better be getting a cut lol

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nothing that happened sounded fine to me. Hope ya found something better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted