Big road?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Jasonar15, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Jasonar15

Jasonar15 Medium Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Im getting my first elog truck. I am looking for a eld that plugs in port and can have a tablet for driver. Will be a Samsung tablet and probably big road. What version Samsung tablet will I need? Such as GB capacity, ect. Does it need cellular service or just WiFi? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    I run it on three trucks. I have an apple iPhone X, and my drivers have android devices. You do need cellular service. My only real complaint is mine will leave error marks on random logs, that only I can see every few days. They tell me it's because I have an apple, it really is irritating but it's not visible on inspection. It serves it's purpose. It's not a large data or storage user, storage is all on their cloud.

4. Jasonar15

Aug 6, 2017
    But I can get a Samsung tablet and leave in truck for driver?

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You get that error, because your driver's dont have internet connection. If they had 4g tablets, you wouldn't get any errors

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yes, I got a Samsung 4g tablet, don't remember the model number, it's always in the truck and everything works without problems

7. Jasonar15

Aug 6, 2017
    Ok that’s what I’m wanting to do. Keep tablet in truck at all times.

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  8. Jasonar15

Aug 6, 2017
    Did you order online without talking to anyone? It’s giving me the option to chose pin connector and says it’s like $254 a year or something like that.

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I spoke to a rep

Jasonar15 Thanks this.
  10. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    That driver is me, I'm the only one with an iPhone, my other two guys have android devices. It's the newest and it's 4GLTE all the time on Verizon. I stay in basically the same areas. The error is very random and there is no violation. It only shows up on my side and cannot be corrected or go away. But when put in inspection mode it goes away. I've contacted BigRoad in the past and was told it's because I have an Apple, they'd heard of the issue before. I probably need to start bothering them again.

It's an app you can put it on any device and take the device anywhere or leave it.

11. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Big road is with lot of bugs especially after latest updates.
    Just few I have to deal with
    Driver report says logs are missing but I can see logs.
    Mileage report is missing miles and not usable.
    Human -Machine interface is sucks. You have to jump from page to page to do routine things.
    For example every morning you have to switch from OFF DUTY to ON DUTY then jump across two pages to make remark that is your PTI. Don't forget to check log header or sometime information from previous day will not be here.
    Another sucks when you go to sleep. You wold like to know what time you can star tomorrow but Big road thinks you like to know reset time.
    Before updates it was good but now I just waiting end of my subscription. IMG_20180817_224449.jpg 2018-04-02 00_14_04-BigRoad - Report.png

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.