BigRoad. Anybody ready to quit?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Snailexpress, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I was with Big Road app for more then two years but now ready to quit after they improved app.
    Customer support is awful, can't have it working stable and comply.
    What is your opinion about BigRoad?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    No real issues for me. Every now & then (since turning on the AOBRD feature) I get a sensor failure mileage calibration warning. I just ignore it. I think these Bluetooth run software programs are going to have a few bugs initially. It's obvious that BigRoad is struggling to keep up with the customer service side. Heck, I've been trying to reach a REAL person at Verizon on and off since Christmas and it's pretty tough doing so.

They do have a pretty extensive FAQ section on their website though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Snailexpress Thanks this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    What problems exactly do you have?

5. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Dashlink drop connection/ speed sensor reading failure. It started from day 1. Big Road recommended to get newer tablet. I was stupid enough to spend another $150 for new tablet. It got better but not cleared completely.
    I connected computer with Cummins Insite running in log mode to see is it really speed sensor. Nothing was detected. I connected computer with Volvo PTT to monitor speed sensor. Nothing was detected.
    Note, Big Road dashlink and DLA for computer connected to the same point in truck circuitry.
    Now my daily logs are the mess with all this warnings for unassigned driving, lost mileage. Two last days not even in mileage report for the truck. They are missing but I can see logs when I look driver logs.
    Customer service is busy as usual. Online or youtube videos are useless because this situation is not covered.

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    If I were you I would just disconnect it and run paper logs until you get someone to help you with it, then again you may have already done that...

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Hmm, my truck has ran with BigRoad for two weeks, first couple of days it was loosing Dashlink connection, but then everything was good.
    To me looks like the loosing Dashlink connection is affiliated with the tablet loosing internet connection. I am going to put Vzw sim instead of Verizon and see how that goes.
    Can't comment on speed sensor, no problems with that

8. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    It's an option of course but I try to keep mileage tracking for IFTA . I paid money for working application, it was working great before.

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    One more thing, and I'm sure you already know this, it's imperative that the GPS on the device is turned on or the mileage report for each State is not recorded.

10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I get you.

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    MileageReport.JPG I had my own OOPS SHEAT! moment recently when I pulled my mileage by State report and realized I had forgotten to turn on the GPS function LOL.

Didn't hurt me because I'm so used to recording the odometer reading and resetting the trip odometer at the State crossing still. Some habits are hard to break ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.