Billy barnes trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bama outlaw, Jul 6, 2013.

1. bama outlaw

bama outlaw Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I am going to work for Billy Barnes Trucking, in Monroeville,Al. I have 4 mos. otr exp. Will I have to go out with a trainer before getting my own truck? I going to drive local chip route.Thank for any info.

2. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Heavy Load Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Paging SPC Whigham. If he doesn't answer this post, send him (username SPC Whigham) a pm. He will be able to fill you in for all of the details.

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  3. bama outlaw

bama outlaw Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Thanks for info. Will send him pm .

4. SPC WHIGHAM

SPC WHIGHAM Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Enterprise, Alabama
    I haven't been on in awhile, as far as training, it's a cakewalk. You should be in a truck within a week no questions asked. What is your home location? I can tell you more about where you may be hauling out of.

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Heavy Load Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I didn't see your truck in the shopping center all last week. Are you part of the crew that volunteered to go to La and pull some of the Cajun chips?

I am also beginning to see several daycabs parked in the Wicksburg-area. Just an observation.

6. SPC WHIGHAM

SPC WHIGHAM Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Oh yep I've been in hiding mostly, been parking at the house lately. No ragin' cajun chips for me, though I did volunteer. Been undergoing some changes lately mainly office folks, can't say I agree or disagree. Although whatever happens is out of my hands. I will say I'm highly considering other options due to cutbacks. My sweet Cedar Springs run was paid both ways and now I lost half of it. And with new HOS rule I can't make it back home after an Elba load. Those day cabs out of Wicksburg are the Keith boys, now that they have went flatbed, I am the solo man out of Cedar Springs.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  7. DitchDodger

DitchDodger Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Can someone please contact me via my inbox, I need hometime with a baby on the way and I'm considering billy barnes, I really need the ultimate scoop! Thanks in advance truckers, n dodge the ditches.

• Draft saved Draft deleted