Blue Blood Hound

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jonkie, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    https://www.bluebloodhound.com/

Has anyone done this ? Worked as a 1099 hired gun ? Just a curiosity question . If it were legitimate it seems like a good way to work for anyone you wanted without a contract , like a temp for hire

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Its ok as long as you can have enough write offs and remember taxes. So safely for example normal .40cpm job should pay minimum .55 cpm to make it worth your while. Plus its sketchy because 1099 laws require you to set your own rules/regs/times/clients, etc...

Jonkie Thanks this.
  4. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    So the offers are about .55? And you drive their trucks job by job ? Or do you negotiate

5. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    I have worked 1099 as a fisherman for over 10 years. Works great as long as you can make that extra money. Works great for companies. They save money and put all burden on you. Plus dont see how that works in trucking unless they truly let you pick all loads and where and when you run.

6. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    Ive never understood how this works, they interviewed the guy that started bbh, on xm last week and he said you can be working the same day you find a run you want. How does that work with drug testing and fmcsa background check requirements???

driverdriver Thanks this.
  7. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Well this is speculation from my knowledge about 1099. I have only driven for Companies. As a Captain fishing in Alaska I have to be part of a consortium for testing. Random and have like a week to show up.

8. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    I can just hear the belly aching those temp guys would do. The smallest hiccup and they will leave your truck at some roadside picnic area with the keys in it.

9. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I talked with a guy a couple months back who was getting loaded next to me, he worked at a temp agency, said he loved it and was home every night. Seemed pretty cool, and he seemed happy, didn't discuss pay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.