Bobtail Parking Near Downtown Memphis

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by farmboy73, Jun 16, 2018.

1. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Just curious if anyone knows of a safe place to park bobtail within walking distance of downtown Memphis? Full rig would be ok too, but my idea was to drop trailer elsewhere and bobtail. I’m doing a 34 in Memphis and wanted to explore.

Will do an Uber from West Memphis if necessary.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I wouldn't leave an unattended bobtail anywhere in Memphis.
    Park the whole rig at a truck stop and do Uber.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Memphis crime rate
    The overall crime rate in West Memphis is 149% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 19.51 daily crimes that occur in West Memphis. West Memphis is safer than 2% of the cities in the United States. In West Memphis you have a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Memphis, Tennessee, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, is 93. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and non negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The safest place to park in Memphis is anywhere other than Memphis. Lol.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Memphis is very dark even in the daytime. They were doing Pay Before Pumping back in the 80s. Be sure to hit the Rendezvous for ribs. Expensive but worth it. Don't go walking at night.

bryan21384 and farmboy73 Thank this.
  6. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    The Rendevous will be my first stop!

7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    There is a parking lot that I have used before, right between the Peabody and the Marriott, also street parking next to the Marriott.

farmboy73 Thanks this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I actually recommend parking for Memphis in Atlanta, it is much safer and your chances of having the truck stolen are reduced by 150%.

Paddlewagon, 06driver, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    The pilot in Memphis will allow you to leave your truck unattended. Get there in daylight to pick a decent spot tho. Sign in at the desk with your information.

If you want to pay then call Crows on lamar and see if you can do a temporary spot. It's a secured lot. And Uber will pickup from there.

Lepton1 and farmboy73 Thank this.
  10. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not there you don't

Nuh uh. Maybe in the Beale Street tourist district for a few hours per day with a rental car that is plain and unassuming.

I consider the entire city of Memphis infested with predator, hooker and thugs. Knives and guns in particular. Wonder why I have been so stupid to invest half my life in that stupid city.

If you are driving around in bobtail, and see Celementine Gardens or similar project housing, GTFO that block. You wont believe how many high powered weapons are in the area. It's all drug territory.

If there is anything good at all there it's Graceland. I never really had a chance to visit. I wasnt much of a Elvis man myself. But it's worth a try.

12. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Do not park and leave your truck at any stop in West Memphis. There are lookouts waiting to steal trucks, cargo, or just personal belongings.

Stay at the J in Byhalia/Olive Branch

34.928614,-89.793188

Pony up and pay for a spot. They have cameras on that side and the scum know it.

Walk over to JRs across the street and call Lyft/Uber. Never mention your truck is left unattended.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.