Bobtail rollover southbound 121 tx

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by D.Tibbitt, Jan 10, 2019.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Anybody else see that wreck this evening on 121 east/south bound?? Bobtail was on its roof over the concrete barrier another car was smashed up, looked like the bobtail got cut off then overcorrected into the concrete then over on his roof he went... Wish i got pictures , cant find amy news stories about it though, hope everyone was alright. But it sure looked like a mess

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    121 south bound in dallas area is the location

4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

No relation to your post really, but...

People survive some of the craziest crashes. Back when I was a wee lad, my grandfather owned his own flatbed wrecker. He'd pick up an drop wrecked cars from peoples places to a insurance/auction spot in in Va off 95...I can't remember the name. It's been a LONG time. lol.

Some of the wrecks people walked from I was amazed. Some banged up, others without a scratch. We got to see all kinds of crazy wrecks. My grandfather would always have a load on the truck for the next morning when he called it quits for the day. So we got ample time to see them up close.

I also hope all survived. The stupidity on the highways is nuts from everyone. Cars, to big rigs. People need to chill the #### out.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

D.Tibbitt and Bud A. Thank this.
  5. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Lessee... Guess I'll need a pencil and paper...
    U = bat. Then ... gimmee a minute.... I'll get it..... G = ....
    Oh! Wow! My Batman name is....

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a insurance auction house off Kerr Road on I-40. I once was hired flat rate to climb into the wrecks and drive them to the barn for sales to insurance for parts.

Getting into them was something else, driving them things was not fun. All in all not worth the 40 dollars they paid me for 10 minutes work. what with the blood and so on. Sometimes the vehicles just die on the sale floor. No good for anything but parts.

As far as the bobtail he should have taken the hit instead of trying to evade.

D.Tibbitt and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Yous iz smaart......uzin da chart......

8. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

My grandfather just picked them up, an dropped them at the place. If they needed driven anywhere that was the lot's issue not his. Pick n' drop. Now an then got one that wouldn't come off the bed, those were fun. Usually only time had to get in one. Rare though even. An yes...you could tell which usually had the bad injuries or fatalities cause of the blood stains/marks.

Pretty chill gig. He got to drive all over Va, MD, an WVa, picking up wrecks an dropping them off. Far worse ways to make a living. Nowadays I have no idea how it works or if it even would the way they did it back then.

Sirscrapntruckalot - @UturnGirl Mine was Batman to! Maybe we did something wrong...

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Sirscrapntruckalot - @UturnGirl Mine was Batman to! Maybe we did something wrong...[/QUOTE]

Kindred spirits ... From a former life...

D.Tibbitt and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.