Bolt Goat, the TNI Come Back Kid.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UturnGirl, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    What is it about TNI that you absolutely love? o_O

-- Lual

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I should start a gratitude list. Starting with number 1.
    1. The way everyone from management thru shop down to fellow drivers treat each other. Everyone is happy. A-hats don't last long around here.
    2. Lots of free choice. Fuel at any of the big 3 whenever you choose. Choose your route, just don't be an idiot. Go home when you want for as long as you want. Nobody ever asks why you aren't rolling or why are you stopping.
    3. Comfortable Volvo trucks with plenty of power and excellent driver seat. Only 2 bells/whistles, the lane finder and the too close buzzer. I guess it would auto brake if you ever really got in a near death experience, but I've never had it happen. All trucks are spec'd the same so when you move from one to the other you know where your stuff goes. Good inner spring mattress not thin cheap. Good size fridge. Inverter handles microwave, coffee pot, etc.
    4. Idle all you want for heat and a/c.
    5. Forward facing camera that minds its own business. No safety guys coaching. Company is self-insured so no desk jockey with a slide ruler telling them what they have to buy next.
    6. Easy lanes with long miles. Mostly up and down midwest south texas to ohio or michigan, never PA, only went to Denver once for a big Polaris push, although I think there are some drivers that run that dedicated. Or southern, alabama,, Tennessee, Georgia, Carolinas. Short loads handled by local drivers. Probably 60% drop and hook. Preplans on you before you get to delivery and yes.. you can say no.
    7. Strategically placed terminals so parking is rarely an issue. Drivers rooms with tv and microwave, some with full kitchens. Most terminals have washers and dryers.
    8. Maintenance is great. Shop teams get stuff done in a hurry, but if it's a long repair, you can always grab another truck. Repairs on the road are a simple phone call. Use loves or ta if you must. They never question if driver thinks something needs fixing. Phones always answered by dispatch 24 7.

Downside is pay is low at 50 a mile + 2 cent monthly milage/safety bonus. On upside $69 a day per diem lowers taxes, miles are good average 3k and, at least for me, my new manager is adamant about getting detention pay for every little delay.

I can probably think of more but

Gatordude, autopaint, mjd4277 and 22 others Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's what you get for thinking!

5. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Oh yeah... and 70mph is 70mph, cruise or pedal, no weird split limiter.

6. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Omg.. it's really real. Fort Worth terminal and home for our 34.
    20230416_100907.jpg

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Will truck be there when your done your 34 ?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Goats got that "goat in the headlights" look.....

9. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL

download.jpeg

10. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Yes. Only a 34 and my manager loves me.

11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    At least that, "Why does my owner keep running us in unproductive circles" look. Lol

(No offense. I just don't understand, and drop in to not understand once in a while.)

Lonesome, popcorn169 and BennysPennys Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.