Boss giving false info after refusing to doctor paper logs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by prenholl44, Feb 18, 2017.

1. prenholl44

prenholl44 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    I am a new driver I have had mt cdl since June of 2016 I live in east Texas. I took a job back around the end of October first of Nov. The owner ran add i replied and was told he was gonn apay me 1000.00 a trip to run DFW area to Ontario Ca 5 to 7 days out. First couple of trips went great the problem started after the third trip i have never run paper logs he calls several times a day to instruct me on how to fill them out upon return to Texas i would have to sit hours in his office while he changes my logs and refuses to give me my check until i sign them. Guys i know it was wrong but i was dead broke after my last trip and a truck breakdown i refused to run straight through to Abilene Texas i was told no more loads and shorted on my pay. I parked truck at his house and held the bills and keys trying to get my money. Long story short i gave him his keys and bills and went to orientation for another company and when he sent in my verification he tells them i stole his rig and several other bad things. The Company is Superior Trucking out of Mabank Texas I dont know what to do now any ideas would help me greatly. Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    This is one reason why I have a call recorder on my phone. I let everyone know that my phonecalls are recorded. This way it keeps everyone honest.

Sounds like you got a pickle. Keep banging on doors, you'll find something

4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    You do have some legal avenues to explore. I would try to find a lawyer that would write a very stern letter to this gentleman and advise him what trouble lays ahead if he persists in this type of action. Then you have Small Claims Court for any pay that is owed to you. But by living in Texas, an employee squaring off against an employer, the employee is already at a disadvantage.

Just passing by and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Welcome to trucking.
    New or not LEARN HOW TO RUN A LOG BOOK!!!!!!!!!

6. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Lawyers cost money. And he obviously doesn't have any. You worked for a bottom feeder who probably had no intention of ever paying you.

"You would have to sit in his office for hours while he changes your logs"

Good luck getting that money from him..

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Sounds like the boss wanted him to be creative on the logs.

Andy7317 and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  8. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    I have written off the money but he's screwing me on any chance to work for another company I have an appointment with the fmsca tuesday i didn't want to go this way but he's taking away my ability to feed my family. Also my wife and son sat for hours in the car while he made changes to my logs and then wpould not relese my check until i signed them and the log book is not the problem it was run illegal or dont get paid period i had no saftey net bills dont stop coming and he knew this but in the end i take my blame enough so that if i never drive again my fault but i will be damed if i cant feed my family and he goes on like nothing happend i guess we will see tuesday. Thanks

9. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    I'm sorry I gotta chime in again. Does this guy subscribe to the HireRight services?
    If not then don't use him as a reference. F***him. One monkey don't stop no show.

Remember he's the enemy now so he's not gonna play nice. Ya gotta omit this job from your next application. Put down unemployed or something but don't use this guy.
    The goal is to keep him from poisoning the well. And you do that by removing him as a reference. Who's going to know you worked for him? If you didn't incur any points on your PSP using his equipment or you had no tickets or accidents in his truck and he's a small O/O who doesn't use DAC, then keep him off the application.

If you have a clean MVR, no failed or refusals, little or no speeding tickets and no accidents, then you'll still be able to work. If he uses HireRight then you dispute what he claims.

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  10. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Didn't think of that makes sense gonna try it nothing to lose thanks

G13Tomcat and Veteran driver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.