Boss giving false info after refusing to doctor paper logs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by prenholl44, Feb 18, 2017.

1. prenholl44

prenholl44 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Sorry guys had to take a job leveling mobile homes things worked out going to work for usa truck Monday the Irish thing nailed him all he had to do was put no to rehire and dates i worked but he was calling companies and telling them i stole his truck so they set a trap and sure enough he called in to blackball me not sure what they do about it but i got the two days ago and they have me my full nine months driving. I really appreciate you guys helping me. I was an oilfield guy til i nearly list my leg I'm counting on this career to take the test out the way and i thought i was done. See y'all out there next week. Hell yea

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Irish should be osha sorry. This is Prentice not sure why I'm not signed in

4. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Technically you did steel his truck or at least were trying to hold it unlawfully. Your out of gas on that issue IMO.

Having said that if they were contacting companies that you never even applied to trying to bar you from employment, you have a good case for a lawsuit against them for blackballing (http://work.chron.com/employment-laws-blacklisting-10369.html).

While an employer can say almost anything they want as long as it is truthful or there honestly held opinion as long as they are asked for the information, many states (including Texas) have laws that probate them from actively attempting to blackball you from obtaining other work.

From http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/employee-rights-book/chapter10-9.html.....

Tex. Civ. Stat. Ann. Art. 5196(1) to (4)
    Tex. Lab. Code Ann. § 52.031

Blacklisting or causing to be blacklisted.

Preventing or attempting to prevent by word, printing, sign, list, or other means, directly or indirectly, a former employee from obtaining other work.

Communicating, directly or indirectly, information about an applicant without giving the applicant a copy of the communication, and the names and addresses of those to whom it was made, within ten days of demand.

Receiving a request, notice, or communication preventing, or calculated to prevent, the employment of an applicant without giving a copy of the communication to the applicant, and the names and addresses of those to whom it was made, within ten days of demand.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Just passing by Thanks this.
  5. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    The trick was at his house i did keep keys and bills and yes he did after to black list they were called by him and he went right to the i stole his truck for2months is in oshas hands now they got the audio Tuesdayand all the texts from my phone i was hired Thursday i hope he gets all he's got coming but me I'm gonna keep moving down the road

6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^^ Keep on keepin on, man. Sounds like you finally got stuff working out for you. Be safe out here, driver~! Wish you the best.

7. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Thanks too all you guys

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Blacklisting does happen. In my case I am one of them According to Indiana Law if one particular employer did say in writing some of the things they VERBALLY told some of my prospective employers when I applied then I would have legal grounds to go after that employer. However they were not stupid. They just talked about it on the phone never writing anything down to comply with Indiana Law. And I do check that every time by requesting a written information on the application process as it related to that employer. If I find anything written and sent then it's a golden ticket.

Keep that in mind. Whatever happened. There is still BL's NoLos that go around the Nation. Many states have laws preventing that so if you detect it, then you might have something good. However.. The situation is over, you did keep the truck and load however short a time. That's literally a crime. You are very lucky to have your freedom especially in today's environment where people who own those trucks will simply call the Law and handcuff you no discussion.

9. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Tell him call back and fix it or he's gonna be on the receiving end of a nice defamation suit which he can't deny because he told a 3rd party you stole a truck, which was obviously not stolen nor reported. He's too stupid to realize he hung himself by doing that to you.

10. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Guys his truck was in his driveway I'm not an idiot truck was checked in I kept the keys and the bills and he did call the law no charges could be filed that's were the lying comes in because he is telling employers I had his truck a false statement. Again he got his truck the day I got back I KEPT BOL AND KEYS WANTING MY CHECK

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    He might be right in saying you stole it though. Here is what Texas law says.. as per http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...penalties/petty-theft-texas-penalties-defense

A person commits theft under Texas law if the person “unlawfully appropriates property with intent to deprive the owner of property.”

You did deprived him the use of the vehicle by keeping the keys, so calling it theft is very likely appropriate. Not to mention keeping the BOL, he now has no legal way to move the load (until he gets a copy of the bill anyway)

12. prenholl44

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    I delivered load to shipper trailer was emptyand brought back to were i got it and if they could have arrested me they would have. Dude still hasn't paid me what I'm owed it for the permit i had to buy to get across New Mexico to Texas but you see it how you do i was tired of being screwed by this guy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.