Boyd Bros Transportation, Inc. - Clayton, Al.?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by whippersnapper, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TEN4DISPATCH

TEN4DISPATCH Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2007
    BALTIMORE MD
    Am curious about this company. They only do flatbeds. The recruiter that i spoke to told me that they would start me #.39 cents/mile. I do not have any flatbed experience but they do offer training. could someone shed some light on their practises and if the are a good company for a newbie with six months experience. I want to change to the flatbed industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbc

jbc Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Eastern US
    I've seen a couple of their trucks on the road lately and both were pretty ratty-looking. Not sure if that's typical of their fleet but these two trucks were sad.

4. bigmits

bigmits Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Central,NJ
    Any drivers out there that could give me some info? Haven't seen to much on them on any of the forums at least anything thats up to date. I am a cdl grad living in NJ.The usual ? What can a new driver expect to make the first year ? home time?

5. kebo072

kebo072 Light Load Member

May 6, 2007
    bristol va
    Any boyd drivers out there. I need to pick some brains.

6. mcghee70

mcghee70 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2008
    st.albans,wv
    I'm looking for info on Boyd Bros. Transportation, Inc

Whats there starting pay?

Whats there tarp pay?

What kind of trucks do they run and at what speed?

I have read that there trucks that APU'S is that true?

Are they a good,bad,or just ok?

I have read the old post on here about Boyd Bros. Transportation, Inc but anything new i live in WV home time isn't a big deal

anyone want to help?

7. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    if you call their company, they probably have a recruiter that can answer your first 4 questions. or the info may be available right on their website. as far as whether they are "a good," you are going to get as many different answers to that as there are drivers.

8. navguy07

navguy07 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I worked for Boyd a few months ago. Only got .32 a mile as an experienced driver, the truck was crap, good luck if you need anything fixed on it, got to sit for 6 to 8 hrs or longer between loads. Trucks only run 60 mph, real fun in the mountains or out west. My dispatcher had to check EVERYTHING with sales about any questions I had. They claim to be "family oriented", but the only family they care about have Boyd for a last name, yours don't mean a #### thing to them. But, if you like living in a truck for a week or two or longer at a time because "there's no frieght going by your house" for $350 a week, then they're the company for you. Oh, but it is a nice touch on Wednesday during orientation when they take you down for the morning meeting which they "always end with a prayer." This company is about the biggest joke in the industry as far as I'm concerned. When I turned my truck in, I was the 3rd driver that day to do so. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

9. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Just my .02 worth. I load a lot of the same places these drivers do. I also have talked with two different long time Boyd drivers in about two weeks that have said its not looking good there at this time. Freight is down, and their actually going through some management issues. You can see from past post that Boyd had a good rep and still do in some respect but things seem to be bad at this time. If I hear anything I will let you know.

navguy07 Thanks this.
  10. warbeast

warbeast Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2009
    noblesville indiana
    there ok but home time not great they tell home almost every weekend but if you consider out two weeks then get home at 11:30pm friday laeve 10am sun good then there great

11. rebelnpink00

rebelnpink00 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2009
    SE Alabama

I just called and it is a NO PET POLICY

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.