Boyd/TMC/Marten

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jeffmartin86, Jan 9, 2011.

1. jeffmartin86

jeffmartin86 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Tampico, IL
    I have been prehired by all three. I know it's 2 flatbed carriers and one reefer but these are the last 3 I'm considering. I have reefer/van experience but thought flatbed might be a nice change. I love to work and not looking to get rich, just want a company that cares...any info about any of three would be great. Thank you all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    There are threads about all three companies around here . . . the search feature up above, go advanced and set it to search titles only . . . that will get you some info to read.

From what I understand lately about Marten is that you might want to scratch them off your list. Sounds like they have gone down hill a bit lately.

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Being that you live in IL, you should have more options than those three. I would try Maverick Transportation as well. That would be my choice if you want to go the flatbed route. I would not go with Boyd because of the bad things I have heard of them. If you want to go Reefer or Dry Van, I would try Crete or Schaffer.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/maverick/

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ompany-here/34475-crete-a-year-in-review.html

Good luck and do not be afraid to ask questions my friend.

KH

5. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Out of the three I would say boyd. But I would give maverick a look. Just my two cents

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. jeffmartin86

jeffmartin86 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Tampico, IL
    thanks guys for your input! i tried maverick but unfortunately i did not drive for my last company a full year. your info is much appreciated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.