Brazil Truckers Strike for Fourth Day

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by speedyk, May 24, 2018.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Brazil Truckers Strike for Fourth Day

From a lack of buns at McDonald’s to restrictions on airline traffic, shortages of goods and services spread throughout the country on Thursday. Sugar mills halted operations due to the lack of diesel, following a handful of car assembly plants that shut down the day before because they ran out of parts and couldn’t get vehicles to dealers.​

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    The sad part is, the citizens are blaming the truckers. The citizens say the truckers feel they are special and entitled. Was watching it on BBC International this morning. Sky News, which is like Fox News had the same message.

Rocks Thanks this.
  4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    This (open deck flatbedding) is seriously the most dangerous job I have ever done.....all of trucking really...but this. (not every load of course but tarping tall random stuff on a 54" dockhigh flatbed is always sketchy!)

I don't what they are fighting but for citizens to blame the truckers is asinine.

Rocks Thanks this.
  5. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    The average citizen sees trucks sitting, no fuel to fill their cars, and no food on the shelves. They don't care to understand why there is a strike, they only know it impacts their ability to eat, work, and get around.

6. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I want one here soooo bad!! Just to flip the apple cart!! I need a few days off anyway!! Or weeks!

Speed_Drums and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    When the people run out of toilet paper its going to get ugly, bark and leaves are no substitute. I wish them well

Rocks, UsualSuspect and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  8. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    They are fighting for the high fuel prices cost in the country. 45% of the price of a diesel fuel litre is just taxes. There are four taxes that compound the fuel prices in Brazil. They want the supression of some of these taxes because they no longer can't make a living. And the toll roads bill the trucks by the number of axles even if the truck has liftable axles. They just want to pay for the axles that are actually rolling.

Rocks and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  9. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
  10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I don't know about that... all that I read and heard from my dad's wife who is Brazilian and lives in Brasil is that most of the people support the strike as they are also fed up with the government and the prices... I wonder what Fox News and BBC agenda is...

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Many farmers also support the strike...

[​IMG]

Sign says "Farmes from Santa Cruz do Rio Pardo support the truckers' strike!!!"

[​IMG]

In favor 97% against 3%

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.