Breather lights

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by JncPetercar, Nov 11, 2016.

1. JncPetercar

JncPetercar Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2016
    trying to figure out a pain in the ### issue with my breather lights , a day or so ago the passenger side air breather lights stopped working (peterbilt379,02) the driver side is working but some reason the passenger is not anymore, can't seem to find an inline fuse anywhere behind the dash or anything in the wiring coming from outside of the cab behind the breather .. any help is greatly appreciated, it seems so simple but I may be overthinking it new to the forum thanks everyone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Did you pull the lights? Find the beginning of the circuit and if it's more than one light, test the first set of contacts. They me be set up like a string of Christmas lights. One goes, they all go after that.

If that's not the issue, are you getting juice to the lights?
    Do you have a voltmeter?

4. Blackshack46

What's the outcome? Did you figure the problem out?

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Left and right are most likely wired to the same circuit, so you at least know you have power to the switch. Good chance your issue is a rotten ground or a broken power wire between the junction (between left and right wires) and the lights themselves.

dustinbrock and JncPetercar Thank this.
  6. JncPetercar

Nov 11, 2016
    Hey man my apologies new to the site and with all the driving I haven't found time to reply , I haven't found the issue yet I just forgot about it until today because the weather is actually beautiful, I got a set made from 12gauge customs 4 watermelon lights each side with bullet style connectors and harness so today I will be digging through that. I have a few more questions (wiring rookie) if you don't mind an inbox I appreciate the reply and I apologize I didn't see it sooner !!

7. Blackshack46

Id ask @NorthernMechanic first. I myself am a wiring rookie, Northern probably has way more experience.

JncPetercar Thanks this.
  8. JncPetercar

Nov 11, 2016
    Appreciate man thank you kindly I will do that

9. JncPetercar

Nov 11, 2016
    Hey man sorry I'm so late I'm new to the site and have a hard time gettin on here driving 6 days a week mostly I can't keep up but I do apologize and more than appreciate the help , I have a few more questions as I stated I'm a wiring rookie so if you could help me out in an inbox I'd appreciate it big time man , once again thank you and I apologize buddy !

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No problem. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  11. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Check and see if you have power on the left breather light harness. Volt meter or test light.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.