Brilliant Move Sioux Falls Flying J

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by JC1971, Oct 14, 2018.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Pattyj is in Sioux City, not Sioux Falls. Probably a bit more than walking distance. And we don't speak of others like this, no matter what.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am trying to hunt down a little stop on a tiny two laner to share as a spot for those of you not sure if you are going to make it clear down to whites.

Harpers Ferry is to your east, US 340 crossing would be the main one. Above you should be a main trail to Martinshurg-Winchester area of West Virginia. To your south and west should be a small quarry or regional situation near Straosburg VA where it's still possible to get onto 81 after a touch of running the woods and get up and go. I think Leesburg road winds up very close this far west close to 81.

This little Diner is on the left hand side of a river draw if you going from West to east you are coming out half way bending right when you see it. You don't hae much time to get into this area. Maybe 10 trucks limit. It's a little harder coming west. Your mind is likely on a major intersection that has been coming up a while and it has to be done right. The Diner will be on your right tucked inside the curve and you will need a touch ABS to get that gravel settled. The name I use for that Hollow is Ripon.

If I remember my miles right, that stateline is going to be right this side of the West Virginia one. If you started walking with a smoke west you are in Virginia.

I have a feeling with all the progress these years (What they might call it these days) would have probably replaced that diner car, a few trees and so on into a properly built lot with pretty much what the roadheads would want in the morning. (With a few exceptions, those are on the other side of Charleston)

Anyway there you are.

I think if they keep this up life would not be much to remember I would think given enough time to work on it.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yep, they took out the old Flying J scale and are building a shop and possibly a truck wash.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Pretty sure he was just funnin', but you sure told him alright. Who's pattyj?

tucker Thanks this.
  6. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    It is still White's. Most of that stuff is in the new addition, where the old shop was.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    She is someone who used to post here alot.
    People come and go, sometimes by their own choice.

8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I hit the Petro if and when I stop at T-5. The Tore the Stony Ridge truck stop down that had the cool bar.Met some good people over there thru the years.

kemosabi49 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The attitudes at Hubbard have gotten so poor these days I quit stopping there and push on to stoney ridge .

stayinback Thanks this.
  10. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    When they first built that truck stop I always heard that Flying J owned the small piece of property to the west. The rumor was that once the truck stop got going they were going to put in a truck wash and tire and lube shop. Back in the day they called them J Care Centers. At the time the only other truck stop was Jimco. Funny how they wait until Loves has a Tire truck, Speedco is there, and Jimco still has their tire and lube shop to finally do it when back then they would have owned the market share. I also heard T/A tried to buy the property across the street to the north but the price was to high.

11. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Ahh I see, cryptic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.