Bring a friend!

Discussion in 'PTL' started by wowser, Jun 3, 2008.

1. wowser

wowser Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Memphis, TN
    Of course I was a recent cdl graduate, and ptl welcomed me with open arms so to speak. Got into orientation just a few days after my first call to a recruiter. I started on Wednesday, got paired up with somebody and got my first dispatch the next Monday.
    As you know you're a team. And ptl expects you to drive as a team. If you're going solo after the 30k mile training period good luck with who they pair you with.
    They paired me with a guy that couldn't read an atlas, couldn't sleep while the truck was moving, couldn't back in the docks, and got lost and went down so many "No Truck" routes I lost count. He caused us 3 late appoinments which they count as service failures. The team thing comes into play here... because not only was he charged but I was also.
    I was in contact with dispatch and others over the situation. They were well aware of it, yet would not change partners with me.
    Having service failures and having the low pressure alarm wake me up going down a snowy 6% grade in Utah wasn't what I had in mind.
    After 5 weeks out, I had enough and let them know I was resigning as soon as I was brought back in Murray. I was told training would be over in 6-7 weeks. I was out for 5 weeks and just had 13k miles. Not even halfway done. And that was "team" mind you.
    Laid over at least a day each weekend due to "low freight". As far as being a company driver and going solo I think it would be a good company. Dispatch was decent enough. I just couldn't handle the guy they paired me with. :biggrin_25510:
    Pretty much wasted a month where I could be finished with "training" somewhere else. So I have to start over with another company.
    A situation like this has almost turned me off from even trying again. US Xpress has been keeping in touch with me. If i decide to go back out..reckon I'll give them a shot :biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck and Welcome to the forum Please don't give up

4. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    umm, since when did ptl go into utah in the winter?
    lol

5. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    good question i was wondering that my self

6. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    Well just joined on in the great PTL Adventure.....Well got to super 8 in Murry KY today (11-3-08 ) This place is more like the rats nest inn. The pool is green and nasty,there is trash every where you look around here. Got assigned to a room well I refused to sleep in it cause there was food in the floor and god only knows what else.Tommorrow is 1st day of orientation.. So I will see how that goes....You would think that a company looking to hire drivers would want to at least make a good impression by getting them a decent place to stay...This could get very interesting...Lot of ppl here without truck and with truck and no loads.....Will post more as this plays out.....

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Am I correct when I say PTL teams you up with someone for training? If so, why don't they let you get another one since you can do that with trainers? Sorry to ask these questions.

KH

8. dammyankee

dammyankee Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2009
    brownsville tx
    As bad as companies want teams don't you think you would have been a priorty at PTL? :biggrin_2552:They stopped the real training program because they are too #### cheap tp pay trainers.:biggrin_2552: How can two trainees possibly train eachother?:biggrin_25512: Do you seriously think solos do any better:biggrin_2552:? Before you go back to PTL, find the highest bridge you can find. Climb to the top and jump.:biggrin_2555: Because you would be better off.:yes2557: Just ask one of the tens of thousands of x-PTL drivers.:yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.