Bring class action suite on swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by bigrigdriver229, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bigrigdriver229

bigrigdriver229 Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    I am sure that If the former Swift Transportation drivers on this forum can get togeather and we find a resident atty from this site that we can perhaps get a legal action going againts SWIFT in numbers greater than they would expect.
    I know they have ruined my driving for the time being. Why should we as Truckers and the Drivers that move this nation be shut down by them its about time that we stand as one a Shut some of them Down.
    Maybe this blog wont even make it to print for my views.
    BUT as a Driver i'm going to stick my neck out I'm sick and tired of the things I hear about this company and how they railroad drivers. and then Mary Peters in Washington takes sides with them as they pay the big people in Washington DC off. lets see how many people reply to this posting thanks Michael from Watervliet,NY:biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    is your driving career over from swift due to what they put on your dac report or something you did to get that on your report?? personaly i think the usis or dac report company should be shut down its a waste of money and space.

4. bigrigdriver229

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    No its what a DM as well as the terminal manager did that #$%$## me, and the saftey in phoenix took there side without even letting me explain as it was a miscommunication on me and the Dm but he refused to admitt to his part in it and it also comes down to HIPPA violations..... not sure if i can put a yahoo user name on here to talk on yahoo.

5. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Not sure how internal communciations would be wrecking your career; DAC entries, maybe, which can be rebutted. And HIPPA has to do wth the disclosure of medical information by medical facilities so how could Swift, which is a transportation company and not under HIPPA regs, have violated HIPPA? And class action lawsuit, for what? Swift could parade thousands of drivers through that are happy with their employment to disprove individual complaints? And Mary Peters is looking for a job herself now that the new admin is in. And what would they do? The economy is in bad enough shape. Do you honestly think DOT is going to do something over personnel matters? Tehy are tasked with safety issues and Swift continues to get satisfactory ratings because they do their job correctly.

Texas-Nana and steelerfan67 Thank this.
  6. bigrigdriver229

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    PAWPAW, I guess you really dont understand what I'm saying, if someone in the medical field even working at a private co decides to discuss your medical case either drug tests, blood tests, anything itys a violation of the LAW, my family is all in the medical field except for myself. I never got there names that was my ignorance, but as i figured your another quick answer instead of figuring out what was going on and its more thasn meets the eyes..

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  7. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
  8. abjz71

abjz71 Light Load Member

May 29, 2008
    whichita ks
    and what exactly did your dm do to you all youve done so far is rant about how they have ruined you and given no examples which just makes you look like another whinny truck driver that "didnt do any thing wrong its not my fault"

pawpaw Thanks this.
  9. bigrigdriver229

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    There are no more real Truckers out there anymore, all they want to do now is to judge there fellow driver and think the fellow driver is crying, well some of us that have been pulling for many yr's are true to heart if someone asked me something i would not judge them i'd help them out with an answer if i knew it if i did not know it i would try to figure it out before i replied. so as for the whinning from this Driver you got it wrong, but anyways keep the rubber between the ditches and metal side up happy trails,

10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    hey bigrig, a more specific explanation would get you more SPECIFIC responses.
    non specific complaints usually get this type of treatment here. over my SHORT 2 years here and driving i have seen it time and again. drivers come on here and do EXACTLY what abjz said, make generalized statements that don't address a SPECIFIC incident.
    some clarity on the situation would get you alot further in this matter. GOOD LUCK DRIVER!

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.