British Driver wanting to start a new life

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Mickc1, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Mickc1

Mickc1 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Hi i'm a British Class1 driver who wants to start a new life for my family. I'm hoping to move over to Canada and drive trucks for a living . What is the process and is there an age limit to be able to come and live and work there. Thankyou

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LittleRed77

LittleRed77 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    I'm not sure how the immigration process works but here in Ontario they want you to have two years experience (consecutive) in order to transfer over your Class 1 license. We call it an A license here instead of Class 1 usually. If you don't have two years of consecutive experience with one company I think you can still transfer over your license in any other province but make sure you double check this part.

4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Non-Canadian commercial licences (e.g. A/Class1) are not transferable anywhere in Canada. So, full written and road tests are required. In Ontario, and soon to be Alberta, the minimum education requirements must also be met; 100+ hours in each province.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
  6. ashtre

ashtre Light Load Member

May 9, 2016
    Ask heavy hauler sergei dratchev from youtube... He came to canada from russia, im sure he could tell ya, probably has a facebook page or somethin

7. EddieK

EddieK Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Regina, SK
    Actually that’s a common misconception. All you have to do is leave the US after 6 months and then re-enter. No need to stay 6 months in Canada. What you may have to do is convince a border office, by showing proof or residence, that you haven’t actually immigrated to the US.

How Long Can A Canadian Stay In The US And Vice Versa?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    He came over, through the Challenger international recruitment program.

TransX is currently recruiting in the UK and Germany, they pretty much have a "sign on the dotted line, and be driving in Canada" package setup and ready to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.