Broke Down 69...The Adventure Continues

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Broke Down 69, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Yuma AZ, where the streak continues. Docks.are all full as.is the staging lot. Drivers I talked to have been waiting for hours and say nothing has moved yet...smh. So just another chance to.sit and watch this elog click down, and with it another slow day. If I can ever actually finish loading, I've got 1944 miles.to run, which will take some of the sting out but i need to run to earn and minus the reset i didnt get in im going to be out of hours with very short get backs once i get to Chicago, which means more short earning days. Just a bad little run, it'll get better.

Airborne, Feedman and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Dang, man!

Me? Well, I got home around noon. Left on Monday at noon, did my L.A. round tripper. Put in a whopping 32 hours this week. I'm worn out. Good thing I don't head back out until Monday :)

I was going to take January off, however, this streak of good weather and robust van rates is keeping me working right now. It's like icing on the cake.

4. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Well, I'm finally loaded and out of California. Stopped just out of Phoenix, very tired and hungry so I laid up, bought a pizza and some iced tea, pigged out and set the old alarm clock for 0330 so I can get up and make some time.

I'll tell you this, I'm glad I'm finally done with this load out. I know the people in Chicago have their stuff together and I'll be in and out of there as soon as they can make it happen. Now, I have no idea what comes next, but I'm going to steer clear of the California lane for a while. Looking at maybe running east for awhile, cheaper fuel, shorter hauls stacked up. Been tracking rates and box/reefer just keeps heading up. There may be a silver...or even gold...lining to this whole eld thing if you own the truck or work on a favorable percentage. Lots of opportunities out there right now if you're willing to.get out there and grab them.

More later...

Vic Firth, Airborne, Tug Toy and 3 others Thank this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Git your arse to flag ...little America ...and Wel run to Chicago together .

6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Been a while since was last by flag, not on route anymore. While back, little america in flag was rebuilding several areas of the property. Fuel islands was one part. So how did this turn out.

Broke Down 69 and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hang in there. Have a safe trip out to Chicago Land.

Yeah those multi-pick loads can be brutal sometimes, especially on the refrigerated side. I give you props for doing it.

8. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    They did a pretty good job. They set the island back a bit and opened the entrance up to accommodate more trucks coming in on different lines. The main store was completely remodeled and is sort of similar to LA in Wyoming now. The grilles menu is exactly the same.

Oxbow, Vic Firth and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  9. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Ran into one of our drivers while fueling up last night and since he's going to Chicago also, we hooked up and ran together today. Stopped for a 30 about 0715 at Little America and tried to raise @bzinger but he was still in his tree asleep. I will say that his truck...and trailer...were freshly washed and looked pretty dang good, well, about as good as any Freightliner could...lol. Ran about 610 today and am in good shape.to still be in Chicago early. Trying to overcome days of destitution.

More later...

spyder7723, Tug Toy, Vic Firth and 4 others Thank this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I need my beauty sleep ! Lol

11. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Gotta love Yuma! I was down there last summer and I think that was the hottest I've ever been!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.