Broke Down 69...The Adventure Continues

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Broke Down 69, Dec 17, 2016.

1. SamuraiTater

SamuraiTater Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Shut down at a Wal-Mart off I-12 east of Hammond, LA. Had plans to deliver in Beaumont by noon, but that ain’t gonna happen now.

I-12 is a skating rink. Customer says Beaumont isn’t any better.

If I could just get past this leg, the second drop is in Hurricane, UT. Sunny and 64 there.

And to think I was planning a weekend layover in Vegas.

Oxbow and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Plans can change rapidly in this business. Second major Southern snowstorm this year...we were due for a whippin' and it finally came.

Oxbow and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Next time, as soon as you get the first signs that illness is coming your way, run to the liquor store! Alcohol kills everything. If you catch it when it starts, its alot easier to knock it out.

Airborne, Oxbow, Feedman and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I like the way you think.

Oxbow, Feedman and TripleSix Thank this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    This could be the reason I seldomly become sick. Lol.

whoopNride, spyder7723, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Other than finding food that disagrees with the pipes and cause a massive internal mudslide, I don't usually get ill. If I feel illness, I get to a liquor store and get parked. I drink, but usually I won't get buzzed...however, when it's time to combat an oncoming illness, the plan is to saturate the blood with alcohol.

Germs and single cell organisms live and thrive in water. The body is made up mostly water. So these things get in and can wreak havoc. Alcohol is thinner than water. Single cell organisms cannot regulate the intake of alcohol as they can water. They take it in faster than they can be rid of it, swell up and burst. So the best thing to do when you have microscopic baddies in the blood is jack up your BAC until they're all destroyed.

Kill responsibly.

Airborne, whoopNride, PPDCT and 6 others Thank this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Btw, the difference between KOing the flue at onset vs allowing the flu to fully set in is usually 7 days. I'd rather park, grab a motel, crank the heat wide open, get stupified drunk...and be perfectly fine the next day...than wait and deal with the full on flu invasion, under siege, and sick as hell for 7 days.

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Hey thats right in Moms neighborhood. She has a house in Shelbina, right down the road a bit. I was up there back in Oct.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    This old guy, sort of a friend of the family, full blood Italian.
    used to make his own red diesel fuel. was a very cool, always a blast to hang out with. So what is this all about.
    Was getting some bug, had all the signs of flu. I was over at his house and said that I was heading home and to bed, felt like carp. So he says, hey I can fix you up, gonna make you feel better tomorrow. So he goes and gets a big coffe mug, fills it about half way with hot coffee, then tops it off with his home made red diesel fuel, says drink that all down. Well that hit me in like no time. Had to head for the house, crawled into bed and out like a light. woke up several hours later just sweating, soaked. drank some water, took a couple of asprin and back to bed. Next day woke up and was feeling a whole lot better.

11. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    Small world....born and raised in Mexico, MO, just a little south of both.

austinmike and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.