Broker didn’t pay TONU

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Neverquittrucking228, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Neverquittrucking228

Neverquittrucking228 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2021
    I booked a load with US Xpress for a load of tires going from Anderson,IN to Nashville,TN. So once I arrived for pickup around noon my appointment was for 1:00pm I was told my load had already been picked up at 8:00am by a different company. Wow nobody called to inform me or anything so I called & told the broker “Brady Reed” that the load was already gone & I’ll need to be paid for TONU he said it wasn’t a problem. Long story short I was never paid & he wouldn’t return my phone calls nor emails! I have to say this is very shady practices by brokers & should be stopped!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I have had that happen before and I called the corporate office and they gave me someone that was a manager for that account or something like that and they took care of it.

I don't think that was US Express but these companies mostly are set up the same.

It isn't always the company itself, often it's just that person or broker.

4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    You may elect to visit the courthouse and fill out form and pay the fee to sue company. It will cost you 70-150 dollars in most counties. Take it from there. When company contacts you, give them an invoice with some fees to settle out of court. Terminate your suit. Move on with life.

you will need documentation of TONU, and cancellation to assist. Gps records from elog can assist.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And most importantly. You will need proof TONU is even owed. If it wasn't in the contract (rate sheet, carrier packet, etc. ) it's not owed.

6. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    what do brokers have ro gain by booking one load multiple times, have they just been burnt by too many drivers they need to make sure its covered/?

7. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    It's usually admin error on the part of either the broker or the shipper. On some occasions it can actually be admin error on the part of another carrier, we've had carriers assigned to a load send us a note the day before pickup saying they can't take the load, we revoke the tender and assign a new carrier, and then the original carrier resolves whatever issue was preventing pickup and sends in a truck without telling anyone.

8. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    If you would made sure to have your accessorial charges agreed to in writing/placed on the rate con you could file a claim on their bond for your money. Since you didn't handle your business accordingly you won't get paid. Hopefully next load you haul you'll be more proactive with your business practices to ensure you don't get stolen from again.

9. Neverquittrucking228

Neverquittrucking228 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Is it too late to file a claim against their bond?

10. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Might not be the broker, all it takes is human error with the shipper. A 2nd office worker schedules the load not knowing somebody else already did.

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    6 posts on this site... 1 trying to buy an MC and 5 promoting that website.

Have anything useful to contribute, or are you just looking for clicks on that site?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.