broker-group-ceo-warns-full-transparency-will-put-3pls-owner-operators-out-of-business

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dino soar, May 23, 2020.

1. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Man, what a cluster **** this is going to be.

Why can't you just say no to cheap freight, now?

If any o/o thinks this will be a win for them, they have no idea how business works. The end result will be you out of business, period.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Let's go back to pre 1978. Have to have a customer before you can get authority. And other carriers can contest it. People should put as much effort into getting their own customers as they do whining about brokers

SL3406, clausland, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Because too many people want to blame others for the position they’re in. That’s all this is. If it wasn’t the brokers it would be someone else getting blamed for these guys going broke.

5. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Next time I’m at my storage unit I will take pictures of the letters they’d send out when someone wanted to get authority. Granted this was on a state level because South Dakota intrastate was regulated into the mid 90’s, but it’s along those same lines. My grandma kept a bunch of that stuff and it’s interesting to go back and look at it.

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    My company still puts copies of the letters granting authority from pre-deregulation days in our permit books.

7. chimbotano

chimbotano Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Because there are some lazy ######## that don’t want to deal with brokers or paper work. So , what they do is buy a truck lease to someone and get few cents per mile and blindly accept it. They don’t care about this industry. All they want is easy money and they don’t care if this industry goes down . They don’t realized that all they doing is making Megas more powerful economically and politically.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  8. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    They rule currently that is not enforced is that all parties to the transaction have a right to see the record.

Do shippers ever desire to see the record? Does the agreement with the broker have the shipper waive their right to see the record?

If the transparency rule is enforced, would the shippers see the record also? What would the effect be if they shipper saw that the broker was getting paid $75 an hour for detention, but he gave the truck $40 an hour? What would the effect be if the shipper saw that the broker was paid $2000 to move the load yet the Carrier was paid let's say $1200?

Or do the shippers just not care if the load gets moved?

9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Customers rarely care what the carrier gets paid. Most customers have a contract price (some with, some without FSC)for X amount of time. Capacity goes down, spot rate goes up they expect the broker to cover the load(s) at the contracted rate. Don't/can't, good bye customer.

And that is why they don't like dealing with small carriers whose rate changes by the hour.

Snailexpress, Long FLD and Dino soar Thank this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I'm just curious how long have you been a Owner Operator?

You seem to be on a huge kick about these brokers being regulated but then some of the other threads I see you starting sound like you aren't even in business yet?

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  11. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    If saving money on fuel and insurance is easy money then count me in. If what I’m making to my truck as power only is close to what guys talk about making with their own trailer and own numbers is easy money then count me in. My only concern is my bank account, not everyone else’s like so many seem to be these days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted