Broker keeps calling, wife is starting to wonder if I'm cheating on her.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    If I feed, water, and clean up after you then will you haul for cheap? lol jk

I’ll even feed you carrots. :D

gokiddogo and PPDCT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Guys like you are what I call "headache insurance". Sure, if the load's just any old basic commodity load with no hit times, the cheaper guys are just fine. But if I need to get a thing picked up and delivered by specific hit times, or if it's a valuable commodity, I'll gladly pay a little more to make sure it's done within the constraints of the shipment.

4. Hollywood23

Hollywood23 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2018
    Back when I ran LTL line haul my wife would give me a call and often it was just as I was getting hooked up. She posted once on her Facebook that "she is probably one of the few wives that doesn't freak out when her husband says he is hooking up and will call her back when he is on the road". Most got it but a few freaked out on her and how could she put up with that, so she had to explain it to them. My phone also got busier the later in the night it got because coworkers would call not knowing I was off that night. Now my phone goes on do not disturb at 9pm - 6am.

5. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Putting that convo on speaker, might just save your life!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.