Brokers mistake

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jimjam69, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Jimjam69

Jimjam69 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    The next load thru the same broker can legally be held on my truck until the broker pays past due, I've had to due it before it gets their attention. You might say, they'll never give you another load, but my rating is pretty high because I'm a professional and do a heck of a job . Its always the new brokers and middle managers that screw things up

Eldiablo, T.Rucker and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Half tempted to ship it back to the shipper and bill the broker who made that phone call totally wrecking the delivery situation for next day.

There are many indians but only one Chief in all this. When little inidan gets uppity and makes phone calls things get messy in a hell of a hurry.

Coffey Thanks this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    So your going to punish or inconvenience a shipper that has nothing to do with your issue with the broker and hold their load hostage?

5. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Cross dock it.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Sounds like broker and customer aren't getting along.
    Brokers and shippers and receivers usually want their loads delivered.

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Well sounds like you got it worked out. I'm just curious what kind of trailer do you have? What was the load that the receivers had to fly half way around the country to get?

Coffey Thanks this.
  8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Disagree partly,

You may have lead my truck to freight.....But the carrier (in most instances) takes on 100% of the transportation process, Thank you for leading my truck to freight- But it ends there. Too many times carriers relied on a third party to execute vital receiving practices that Just Fail-

We cant tolerate that- Time equals the Biggest challenge in Freight Movement- When you (3pl) mess with our Time- You Mess with our Business... I wont allow that to happen.

Brokers (in General) Always think they hold the key to the City and the Purse strings- Remember, Smart Carriers are Stronger in initiating relationships that can have you Cold Calling "again" with Frowns upon your faces... Dont Forget that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.