Brokers paying factoring companies

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by mcgoo422000, Dec 10, 2012.

1. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Has anyone else noticed that once a broker realizes you are using a factoring company they go into slow motion
    on paying a invoice? I signed up with a new broker in October and hauled a load. their broker packet claims they pay in
    17 days, it's well over a month now and still no payment.
    I signed with this factoring company in Sept and done had one customer put on hold due to slow payment.
    Is this the way brokers really operate? I only dealt with quick pay till Sept. and lost 0 dollars in 7 years and
    every customer on factoring moves like moss growing to pay. These are ones with 95-100 score on DAT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cletus snow

cletus snow Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2012
    pike county ga
    i musta missed something if you are getting your coin through a factor what difference does it make how long they take

4. UTI TRANSPORT

UTI TRANSPORT Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
  5. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Typically it is the opposite. Brokers know that most factoring companies report and small carriers don't. Reason I don't like load board credit and d2p. Easy for company to manipulate data.

But what you could also be seeing is that if your factor company does no early collection work like you may have that this is slowing things down. We call withing 3-days of sending invoice to make sure they have everything and around 25-27 days to make sure payment is being sent.

RedForeman Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Bill, it's 9:30 on the Sunday before Xmas. Get off here and spend some time with the fam. :)

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  7. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    To add to what BBB mentioned about diligence on the collection, once the factoring company gets your invoice from you it might be a day or three before they stuff an envelope and 1st class mail it to the customer, adding several more days in transit. There could be a week or more difference in the DTP reported by the factoring company and when the clock starts/stops at the customer.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  8. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Because if they take too long, you the carrier get to pay the factoring company back. Usually 60 days. Also, some agreements will have an escalating discount rate. The longer that customer takes to pay, the higher your discount is.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  9. olepete

olepete Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2010
    we are exact opposite. we were 30 d2p now we are trying for 10 15 at most. factors are always paid in 10 because they report it for sure. also, i swear all factors do not open their mail for days

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.