Brooklyn man arrested for allegedly hoarding masks, coughing on FBI agents

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    "The arrest comes after President Trump claimed that some medical supplies were being swiped from New York City hospitals, which Mayor Bill de Blasio dismissed as insulting."

Savor the Flavor Thanks this.
  3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If he really wants to lie about being infected, maybe he is assigned to a special lab where they inject Covid 19 into him and then try out vaccines on him as a guinea pig. Turn his punishment into something useful for society.

chimbotano Thanks this.
  4. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Just wondering where in the article it said the masks were stolen? Hoarding and stealing are 2 very different things.

Not in the Fox article but in another article by a competing news source is this tidbit.

Agents also alleged in a separate instance that Feldheim offered to sell a nurse "a quantity of surgical gowns," and days later received a shipment from Canada containing "eight pallets of medical facemasks."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    Reason for edit: Removed political inference.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if a person has the financial resources to purchase ANY item, who has the right to deny him from doing so?

when i went to the gun store, people were buying thousands of rounds of various ammo.....who cares?

first come, first served. and if there are no limits on the amount one can purchase, too bad for everyone else.

unless strict limits were put into place, no one has any god given right to deny another from making a purchase.

now did i hoard toilet paper, or ammo or anything else..??

hell no....we bought what we had the money for, and did not go to the bank and clean it out to buy more.

now, coughing on the cops/agents, is a whole other story, that can be assault (of whatever nature) if he was indeed infected.

in the end, i see no reason to hoard things, and then sell them.

it's (to me) speaks of Communism or a police state when someone gets arrested for having too much of anything.

i personally DO NOT APPROVE of hoarding, but this is what some people do, whether for themselves for survival or for profit, and if anyone PAYS what the hoarding wants, then shame on them... they had just as much right to walk away.....panic buyers will pay nearly anything.

Badmon Thanks this.
  6. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    If you don't need it and there is a crisis it's wrong. It's not like he saw an up tick in corn dog demand and wanted to take advantage of the trend.

7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Anything that has value now, will be stolen or,
    Are skimmed off the top if someone can make
    A buck.

Those mask have value.
    Toilet paper has value.
    It's the people who unload these trucks that have
    First dibs on pulling this off.

Got a friend who's a manager at a supermarket,
    He's in charge of unloading the trucks.
    He's got plenty of toilet paper and so does all
    Of his close friends too.
    For a small fee.

He's a good friend to have right now.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i agree that it is wrong. however, if there are no set limits, BEFORE the crisis, then have at it. "people will be people, or it's human nature", what ever euphemism one wishes to use/say at this time.

hoarding has been going on for centuries.(some will say it is a sickness)

no, like i said, i do not approve of it. but it happens, and no one has any right either to arrest a hoarder.

from what i have read in the linked news report, he did not steal anything. (maybe that'll come up later if he did) but for the time being, all he seemed to have done was buy up the supplies. then resold them at a profit, a huge profit. but he is a one man operation, not a corporation, so the sales were in fact private.

again, i do not like what he has done, but hey, he saw an opportunity and took initiative. anyone that paid him( and apparently a doctor or 2 had, as well as some private citizens), then they were the jerks in paying the exorbitant prices.

Badmon and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I get what your saying @buddyd157.

I agree in principal. You got the right/ability to buy it all up, ok. I can't take that from you. Doesn't mean i can't think your a ####ty person who karma is going to go all bubba on with no lube. Lesson to be learned? Don't be an ####### during a crisis. Cause out there somewhere is a bigger #######, who is going to take everything you have. Like bullies. Be a bully, but somewhere out there, is an even bigger bully.

Far as Trump goes, an no, I'm not making this political. He has a history of speaking before he thinks. He's been like this since before he became President. He's done it before during all this,an I'm sure he'll do it again. He's far from the only one to do it.

Anyone from NYC or doesn't live under a rock, knows things "fall" from trucks all the time. Mafia and other criminals have been doing this all through out history. Hell even North Korea gets things all the time that aren't supposed to be sold to them.

*as usual, all you's are general and not directed at anyone specifically. Unless your the guy in the article, then yes, your an #######. :)

Sirscrapntruckalot - Suppose you were an Idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress, but I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

magoo68 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.