BTC (Builders Transportation Company)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by getrdone609, Mar 14, 2010.

1. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    Hey Mr. D hows things going for you at BTC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. D

Mr. D Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    Going pretty well. Been out two weeks on my own, and been home both weekends. Not making to great of money just yet but Im still getting use to how hard I can run (safely). I got to say flatbed is tough work though!

MD STEELERS FAN Thanks this.
  4. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    How many miles did you get those two weeks? If you don't mind me asking.

5. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
  6. hortonclutch

hortonclutch Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Arizona
    Does BTC run alot of freight through Alabama? Anyone know how home time would be if living in Alabama with BTC? Thanks for the updates.

7. Mr. D

Mr. D Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    We run quite a bit of freight through alabama so I imagine home time would be good. Ive delivered to alabama quite a few times, and loaded out of there a decent amount. Lots of coils. AL requires you to have a coil certification (ACC) too.

8. 71mack

71mack Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Corinth,Ms
    They also have a terminal in Birmingham.Lots of freight in Alabama 9/10 times I would pick up in the mid west deliver to talladega then, pick up a loaded trlr at the Birmingham yard.

9. reverse apache master

reverse apache master Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Asheville, NC
    Mr D I got a pre hire from BTC and have really been studying up on them and so far I have yet to find anything negative about them except the usual someone always gripes about. Im sure im gonna go with them and any info you could give me on them would be greatly appreciated. How many miles a week have you been averaging if you dont mind me asking you. Also if you would like to stay out over the weekend and get some loads is that okay with the company or are they pretty strict about getting you in on the weekend. Thanks alot bud.

10. Mr. D

Mr. D Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    Here's a link to this other thread. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...estions-from-new-drivers/131003-btc-flat.html I posted some info in there. I told him I was averaging around 2000, but when I was at our terminal yesterday I saw that I actually had 2800 miles last week, this past week I should have around 2500 or 2600. I guess company average is around 2200 or 2300 right now. This is really going to depend on where you live though. I know there's drivers that gripe about miles that are close to being outside our hiring area or freight lanes, so what do you expect. You can stay out whenever you want, just let your dispatcher know. But some times It might be hard to actually to get a run through the weekend depending on where you are at the time.

11. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    BT used to be my favorite company. The other BT with green trucks with yellow stripes. I know Schneider bought them out. When they were still around my step father drove flat beds for them. He had a Freightliner Classic with a super 10. That was the first big rig I drove.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.