Buffalo Tractor Trailer Institute Instructer lost his cool today

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Doylee4693, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Doylee4693

Doylee4693 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Im over at a school in buffalo, ny called buffalo tractor trailer insitute. After a month of my lazy trainer reinventing the wheel by making the parallel and offset box cones 10 ft, ive had enough. New guys are struggling for up to a half hour for each manuver. The test is 12 foot, and his theory is 10 ft will make you pros! Some things work better in theory then in practice.

Today I moved the parallel box to 12 feet compared to the 10 to see how good I was doing “knowing the instructer would never allow it”.mind you I’m the top of my class and get in in a 10 foot box in under 2 mins everytime with no encroachments. After my manuver, the students that are testing tommorow followed suit and began messing up there parallels because they were so used to a 10 foot box that they had to readjust their procedure. After a whole day of it the instructer goes to show a student who is testing tomorrow how to do a parallel. He JUST gets it in The box by a hair, and comes out showing off. One of the students made a remark that he “just made it in and its a 12 foot box”.. he began to lose his cool. He starts #####ing to all the students, asking “who moved the cones”. He approached me and I told him I did.. he blew his lid!

He starts telling me “I outta send you home” and “i’m gonna move your test day up another month because of that”..oh and “if any of the students fail tomorrow it’s because of you”.. mind you this instructer has a petty dislike for the other instructer who wants the cones set at 12 foot (which is how wide they are at the testing site)so he wont give up his power struggle. Eventually it got moved back to 10 feet. And I was left bowing to the king, and asking for forgiveness. Welcome to btti folks!

Lonesome and austinmike Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    Your at his mercy, if you did t swap instructors.
    Wait til you get a trainer who changed clothes once a week & showers once a month if he needs it or not.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What type trucking are you going to start the career with?

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Bathing too often doesn't let your immune system become strong. People that bathe once every two weeks have very strong immune systems and won't catch Covid-19.

6. Doylee4693

Aug 23, 2021
    I figure i’ll leave my options open until the day I get my cdl. No plans as of yet!

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Doylee4693

Aug 23, 2021
    I plan on bringing gloves and a bottle of lysol if that day comes!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Let us know and we'll help you find what you want; local/regional/coast to coast.
    CDL schools usually recommend the usual suspects.

9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'll throw this one out there:
    Sysco
    Bowmanville, NY
    Up to $90G per year
    • Recent driving school graduates welcome
    [​IMG]

11. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    CDL school is to pass the test. Nothing more, nothing less. In due time he will have to park in all kinds of messed up situations. It's probably smart to take it one step at a time and just pass the state test first so time and money isn't wasted by the students possibly failing the test. There is a steep learning curve for learning how to back and that included me several years ago when I was brand new too. There's no need to make it needlessly more harder than it is.

For OP it sounds like your instructor is on a power trip but if you've already invested time and money into this then just try to stick it out. You won't ever have to see your instructor ever again once you pass the test, don't make things harder on yourself than they need to be (and I say this as someone who agrees with you that it's stupid to make the backing harder than what the state test requires).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.