Building a 6NZ..Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by GOINGBROKE, Apr 4, 2012.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I've never driven a mechanical. What little I do know it's important not to lug one to keep from overfueling and having that wash down the cylinders into the oil and ruining the bearings. I drive carefully and deliberately with what I have. Was mostly curious what kind of numbers the build I posted about would put to the wheels. If it was worth it to build one like that. Maybe a waste since 700hp is so easy to get with a tune and a turbo. I figure 700-750hp is just about right for me and more than I'll ever need, actually what I have right now always manages to keep me happy. Don't want or need 800+..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. black_dog106

black_dog106 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2009
    MA

A huge part of being a good driver. :biggrin_25514:

4. Ashman_42

Ashman_42 Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Pics of them ARP studs for turbo and exhaust manifold, price for manifold stud kit is $230, turbo stud kit $50 (canadian prices)

Attached Files:

Les2 Thanks this.
  5. CrayzyCatPower

CrayzyCatPower Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    I had always wondered if arp couldn't make something like this. I was also looking on their website for a head stud kit for the great engines and found nothing. They'd be smart to manufacture these at a competitive price. Imagine no more blown head gaskets (assuming that the engine was built right to begin with)

6. bull hauler

bull hauler Medium Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Can u pm the contact info for ur injector guy in canada? The guy who sold me my truck told me bout a someone in canada that was a wiz on injectors and i lost his number thanks

7. Gen 1 Boss

Gen 1 Boss Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Does anyone know where or how to get in touch with MR. Haney? Thanks guys.

8. 991lw

991lw Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Emal me at misu19720@yahoo.com,i have his phone nr

9. Blue deamon

Blue deamon Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Does it make a difference if I change me cam to stage 1 insted using the original cam?

10. Denny S

Denny S Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Hello, I have a 6nz that I just had Caterpillar recently rebuild and was ponder changing the turbo and manifold, it runs great but I would like a little bit more. Any suggestions?

11. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Turbo and manifold will not gain you much more. They just support what you already have. If you want more you need more FUEL. It's always fuel that's needed to make more power in a diesel. The rest of the parts just support the added fuel and sized accordingly.

Start with just a good tune first. Or set 58 injectors. Then if pyro it getting to warm you add more air. Then when the hp bug really grabs hold of you the cycle repeats itself. But having said that, I wouldn't change a thing as you probably have warrenty for a while yet.?
    Good luck.

SAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.