Building a 6NZ..Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by GOINGBROKE, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Denny S

Denny S Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Thanks and I am interested in doing something though lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HAYTUGGER

HAYTUGGER Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2019
    So I have a 2000 6nz, im wondering about tunes.. right now I have a 600 hp 7cz flash with 5232 trim codes. My question is does pdi have a better flash or is this the way to go?

4. DieselTech_Aus

DieselTech_Aus Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    WA
    7CZ 600hp and hot trims is a very stretched pulse width for standard injectors. IMO its too much. the injection period is too long for that pulse width on a standard size tip. the crankshaft revolution that takes place during your very long injection (to get the fuel you want) means the internal pressure of the injector falls away before end of injection. It will be pretty well dribbling the fuel in towards the end of the injection as the internal pressure causing the atomisation and good spray has fallen away. it also means that its still injecting fuel well after the piston has left TDC. as a result the fuel injected with low internal pressure and after the piston has travelled for from TDC cant be completely burnt. this is why you will have a little black smoke from the stacks. yes you've made more power with more fuel. but the period of injection due to massive pulse widths is too long.

a tuner will only stretch that further.

if you want more fuel that standard trim codes and a standard flash file then put a bigger tip injector in. Fit a 2113024 or 2113025 injector and standard trim codes. that way you'll get your additional fuel with a short pule width. you'll get your additional fuel when the piston is at TDC and injection will end before the injector internal pressure can fall away. you'll get well atomised fuel sprayed into the bowl of the piston, not half onto the liner wall washing it.

leave standard trims and file and fit bigger injectors. you'll have more power, your engine will last longer, not carbon up and the black smoke will be gone. it will also improve on fuel mileage with a more efficient burn

black_dog106, spsauerland and swaan Thank this.
  5. Kw Owners Club

Kw Owners Club Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I'm thinking of swapping some 58s into my MBN and maybe a cam,I already have a tune and turbo.....what kinda power would I gain from the injectors swap would you guesstimate ?

6. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    58s are probably worth 70-80 hp over the stock mbn injectors. More with a cam swap.

SAR Thanks this.
  7. HAYTUGGER

HAYTUGGER Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2019
    58s will do closer to 200hp just the injector swap... If I remember correctly from a previous thread

8. HAYTUGGER

HAYTUGGER Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I did flow matched 10r8501s + stage 2 turbo with 145 housing + 550 cat file tuned by mr Haney sitting on 830 or so fly wheel hp
    + fuel temp wire

9. HAYTUGGER

HAYTUGGER Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2019
  10. HAYTUGGER

HAYTUGGER Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2019
  11. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Nope.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.