bull haulers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by travelr, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufwheeler

ufwheeler Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Anyone looking for a good bull hauler truck? See spec's below.
    Year:
    Front Axle: 12000#
    Make:
    PETERBILT
    Rear Axle: Super 40
    Model:
    Wheels: 10 ALUM
    Mileage:
    Tire size: 11r22.5
    Color:
    white/Red
    % of Tread:75%
    Wheelbase:
    280"

Cab to Axle:
    NA
    Other Options:
    Cab to Trunnion:
    NA
    48" Flat top sleeper
    Frame:
    STEEL
    Dual Exhaust & air cleaners
    Cab Type:
    CONV
    Platinum Interior
    Air Conditioning:
    YES
    13500# Steerable push axle
    Radio Type:
    AM/FM/CD
    Dual 120 gallon fuel tanks
    Engine:
    CAT C15
    Rear axle lockers
    Fuel Type:
    DIESEL
    Air slide 5th wheel
    Horse power:
    Pictures
    Brakes: AIR
    Jake: YES

Steering:
    YES

Transmission:
    RTLO18918B

Ratio:
    3:58

Suspension:
    AIR TRAC

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KanBuf

KanBuf Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2011
    I was an o/o bull hauler and if you kill a beef you also get to pay for it. If you are hauling fats to the packing plants they will also tell you how many bruise's you put on the beefs hauling them to the plant to many they dont like it. I hauled beef in western kansas and surrounding states.

puncher Thanks this.
  4. Old Tex

Old Tex Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Woodlands Texas
    I started trucking in 1957 and retired in 2002....My first job was hauling cattle....Everything from purebred milkers to feeder cattle out of the pens in Nebraska...In 1958...I hauled a load of purebred first calf milkers every week from upstate New York to the airport in Miami Florida..The Holsteins went to Puerto Rico and the Brown Swiss went to Peru...The airplanes were converted DC 3 s with two prop engines and would carry eleven or twelve cows depending on weight..After unloading and washing out....I would go up to Orlando ( bluebird ) and pick up a load of " citrus pulp "....in 100 pound burlap sacks ....It was sold as a " milk maker " to dairy farmers in upstate New York ....Some of the big farmers would buy the whole load....Other loads went to GLF which was before Agway...The ONLY roads resembling interstates were the New Jersey Turnpike and the Richmond Petersburg By Pass ( toll road )..Us301 and 27 ( alligator alley ) were the roads I ran through Florida( lots of red lights )...Total miles of trip....Three thousand ( 3000 )...My pay was six( 6 ) cpm....and my tractor was a 1958 VCO cornbinder ....powered by a 549 ci gas burner with an 8 speed T76 Roadranger...My trailer was a forty foot Wilson bought at Dean Powers in Cedar Rapids Iowa...I had NO air conditioning..and an AM radio.The bunk in that truck was 24 inches and I slept in it once after getting up to Orlando ( third day ) and once on the way home...Hauling cattle and not injuring them is something that is learned....NO popping the clutch....NO jamming the brakes...ALWAYS driving 2000 feet ahead....Had to do everything smooooooooth.. The habits learned from hauling cattle stayed with me for 45 years ( I retired after being a Teamster car hauler for 37 years ) and helped with fuel mileage....wear and tear on equipment and safe driving awards.....Bull haulers will always have a special place in my heart...One of my oldest...dearest friends Henry Bostelman taught me how to drive and haul cattle the RIGHT WAY....Hank passed away in July 2010

5. imouthousejr

imouthousejr Bobtail Member

I'm a driver ill drive anything any where currently on stand by for m y present o/o not making any money standing around I am familiar with t bones ribeye NY strip briskets, its eat all we can sell the rest right? I understand that livestock is different than dead weight freight that it moves around hopefully not lay down or move to one side I've never delivered a
    load of livestock thoughI have a bud that owns stock yard in kentwood. LA goes By the name Rowty raise arena bulls. Was a rider back in his Fay. If you can use a driver that can drive a wagon full of livestoke I'm your Guy. No never have driven load of cows that dose mean I cant, all i need is the opportunity to do so. Anywhere anytime. Thank you peace

6. imouthousejr

Um after reding what old Tex says I really have no idea what I'd be getting into. I am willing but not at your expense. Much more to it than what meets the eye. Didn't know slaughter house would be so anal., considering there record on treatment of the animals

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  7. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Oh yeah, don't get out your shock stick at some places, or your banned for life from bringing loads in there. :yes2557:

8. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    I am 41 yrs old & have been around cattle all my life.
    I can take a farmer & teach him to drive a truck,but you can't teach a freight hauler to haul livestock.
    It is a whole different ballgame than what you are used to.
    If you don't have livestock or farm experience you have no business pulling a cow trl.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk but that is the way it is.
    You have to understand how the animals behave & be able to anticipate that in order to load & unload safely or you can get hurt real quick.
    I pulled one for six years & ran team with my dad most of the time.
    We quit & went back to flatbed and i run that single now.
    I enjoyed the cattle but it has become like the rest of trucking with bottom feeder outfits undercutting you.
    We still raise & haul them but it's just local with a gooseneck now.

9. imouthousejr

(Kwswan)
    thank you for sound advice.

I'm certain that a freight hauler would run with it. In my I've actually been around cattle & horses a good part of my life. I never sell myself short. I just tuck my pantlegs in my boots grab a hotshot and a room full of dope and were off. Lmfao jk

10. thepossum

thepossum Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2011
    SC
    heres a tip, dont go in the trailer with a bucket of feed trying to get a cow out. Well you can if you want, but dont get REAL close, friend of mine more like idiot i know did this in Augusta and she broke his leg.

11. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    ...proving once again that cows are smarter than some people.

bullhaulerswife and Cowmobile Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.